My gaming MSI notebook can't get the game to run stably

maimoon

Hi! 
I faced a really strange problem after a seven-year absence from this game. 
7 years ago I stopped playing this game, couple of days ago, I thought that this game can bring me the needed fun again. 
I registered new steam account and downloaded the game. Playing this game I am facing serious problems, it’s lagging like I am running GTA V on a potato when I joining the server. Checked my internet connection on Speedtest : 30mb/s Ping: 5, downloaded fraps app to check FPS and it shows from 30 to 120-150, most time it shows 60 FPS, but the picture is twitching like I'm playing with a really bad internet connection. Another games work properly. My MSI has SSD 16GB ram, nvidia. 7 years ago with much slower internet and cheap notebook, all worked perfectly. Any ideas what is going on? 
Thank you in advance!

did you try another internet?

also try closing that popup steam friendlist thing that appears when you alt tab as it improves my framerate massively and maybe will improve your situation

I play on a laptop mostly as well (Razer Blade). Did you optimize your power settings to prioritize performance? You can find this by right-clicking your battery icon and there should be an option for power settings somewhere. It can also just be issues with TF2 being a bit unoptimized for newer systems. You can try some configs and those should help a lot as well. I'd also check your graphics settings and nvidia control panel settings. This video was helpful to me, though it's a couple years old now so I'm not sure if the information is still accurate

it may also be because it is using the internal gpu and not the discrete one,i solved this issue by forcing it to run with the discrete gpu from amd radeon settings,dont know how it is on nvidia though since i mostly use amd gpu laptop

• 2 months later...

What happened in your life that made you decide to return to the game after 7 years? Recently I found an old laptop, which had been lying idle for more than 5 years, and I remembered that there were many of my family photos. That's what's really nice to see after all these years, not games. But it's not so easy, it turns out my photos were long lost, I prayed that salvagedata.com helped me to recover data. As soon as I got all the necessary parts of the laptop back, I immediately transferred the pictures to a flashcard. As for the game, perhaps the problem is not in your laptop, but in the game, cause as far as I understand it is old.