Steam gifts scams?

Chief D

So I was looking for DayZ standalone and saw some people selling it very cheap. 11 keys per copy. I was thinking about buying one, but on the comments I saw smething I had never seen before. People were asking for proof of purchase because they claimed there are some scammers.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17760549

Any ideas? Or arer these just paranoid noobslike those that report scammers on classifieds because they sell a 5 ref item for 1 key?

probably a seller who forces you to give him the keys so he can sell them and then buy the game

I don't see how he can scam you when you see what you're trading.

Christley is probably right in that regards though

EDIT: Took a look in his BP and he/she has no copies of DayZ. Suspicious...

I've bought 6 copies of DayZ a little while ago, of which 3 were revoked (happens when the original buyer charges back the payment for the game). I didn't even buy these for a ridiculous price, and I the revoked copies came from an OP-donator (who had cashed out when it happened....) and someone who's sold a large amount of games. Steam support did refund my keys, but I had to wait about 2 weeks. After that I still only had keys, so I had to take the risk again.

The only reason I can see it is a scam is if

1. Bought the game with stolen credentials and then when the credentials are back in the right hands and reports the purchase, the person with the game in their library is punished.
  2. Trade shows US version, gives you region locked russian one or something.

The only reason I can see it is a scam is if

1. Bought the game with stolen credentials and then when the credentials are back in the right hands and reports the purchase, the person with the game in their library is punished.
  2. Trade shows US version, gives you region locked russian one or something.

1 Happens a lot, but I think people just buy the games themselves and then file a chargeback.

There is a scam thing, this method do most russians, i know because i know one man who does it.

So there is qiwi dot com or smth bank site, where (most russians) buy with new accounts new or expencive gifts, sells it for verry cheap (keys) and then
click in that bank site "Chargeback" all gift will revoke, and he will get his money back, and keep keys, if he get banned on steam acc, he will create new one

So you better buy more expencive, like in profile who have like 500+ gifts, more than 20+ steam level,and you know him or smth, so you know you wont get your gift revoked :)

There is a scam thing, this method do most russians, i know because i know one man who does it.

So there is qiwi dot com or smth bank site, where (most russians) buy with new accounts new or expencive gifts, sells it for verry cheap (keys) and then

click in that bank site "Chargeback" all gift will revoke, and he will get his money back, and keep keys, if he get banned on steam acc, he will create new one

So you better buy more expencive, like in profile who have like 500+ gifts, more than 20+ steam level,and you know him or smth, so you know you wont get your gift revoked :)

I'm guessing you've tried it? Lol http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198108169425-fub-lt.48380/

i'm dealing with a lot of game trading,so ima give  few tips

1. download enhanced steam (a browser plug-in)

2. check the prices for the cheapest region the game is sold at

3. see key prices on the market,how much the sellers get for selling keys

4. calculate,as an example > game is 10 eur,people get 1.5 eur for keys = 6.67 keys > also the seller needs to profit = 7 keys a valid price

dayz prices are pretty much the same in all regions,and well everything under 14 keys is pretty much not legit 

so if you calcuate that the seller is loosing on the games he is selling

it's a scam

any copy can get revoken,if the seller goes rogue,but it doesnt really happen if the prices look legit

edit:

also really check from where the guy gets his copies. if you saw he was buying some for a low price,and is now reselling for higher. it'll get revoked

I have enhanced steam and usually I check the sellers based on a $2 price for keys. Usually that's the price they sell their games at. This DayZ thing really mad eme wonder, that's why I asked. Thanks for the insight.

Archived