Scammed Item Looking For It

SosenkaZPolski

Hi there. In 2019 I was scammed for a Shooting Star, which holds value for me. Recently I have remembered about it, and started searching for it again. I have found that the last person it belonged to was a trading bot, and after that it had disappeared. I am not making this post, to try to beg the person to give me it back. I am looking to rebuy it from the person that, is currently holding it. Please, if anyone has it, contact me, as it has value for me and I really want it back image.png.804ff2b43a2903af63f00e54f263b09c.pngimage.png.747eade934567ce8f78f4e7f92fb5d5e.png

At this point it's been unscanned for a year and a half. Could be in a private inventory, could be on community market, could be deleted in a trade-up. No way of knowing where it is now.

I know this feeling, back in 2014-15 I had some items scammed, one held sentimental value, managed to track it down and offered the guy a good price, instead he blocked me thinking I was a scammer.

I once offered a Strange Chucklenuts+5 keys for my old Strange Chucklenuts back and the guy declined saying he doesn’t trade any items (despite only having 18 points on the Chucklenuts). You might also be disappointed when the new owner is a fucking moron.

59 minutes ago, Gordon said:

I once offered a Strange Chucklenuts+5 keys for my old Strange Chucklenuts back and the guy declined saying he doesn’t trade any items (despite only having 18 points on the Chucklenuts). You might also be disappointed when the new owner is a fucking moron.

Easy to call him a moron, but on the other hand, he hasn't gotten sucked down the rabbit hole and wasted hundreds/thousands of hours on trading virtual items with very little return.

6 hours ago, 3.50 said:

Easy to call him a moron, but on the other hand, he hasn't gotten sucked down the rabbit hole and wasted hundreds/thousands of hours on trading virtual items with very little return.

If offering 10 dollars and the exact same hat (literally no difference besides the one he has being my old one) and he says no despite never even using it. It’s safe to say he’s a moron, LMAO.

This happens all the time. People sell things off in a hurry, they end up in a trade bot, and then they go missing for months, if not years.

I don't know why, but I have like at least 20, 30 examples of it happening. 

2 hours ago, Gordon said:

If offering 10 dollars and the exact same hat (literally no difference besides the one he has being my old one) and he says no despite never even using it. It’s safe to say he’s a moron, LMAO.

From his point of view, you might be the moron--you offered him $10 and and the exact same hat for your old one; what kind of nerd cares about something like that?

Everyone's a moron from the point of view of a person with different priorities.

1 hour ago, 3.50 said:

From his point of view, you might be the moron--you offered him $10 and and the exact same hat for your old one; what kind of nerd cares about something like that?

its literally 5 keys free, what sane person wouldn't take that offer

20 minutes ago, nimbus trade.tf said:

its literally 5 keys free, what sane person wouldn't take that offer

a person who no longer plays tf2, or doesn't use the SCM, or has no reason/way to sell the keys. they're only valuable if you can sell them, and if you're not a trader, your options to 'cash out' are limited to steam market funds, or signing up for a website you know nothing about to exchange them for money to a paypal, if you're lucky, but a bunch of the sites don't even do paypal payouts without tons of extra steps. So its pretty understandable. It's a perspective that seems moronic if you don't consider other people's experiences.

Seems like someone applied a spec ks kit before selling it to tradeit dot gg. Sheen is deadly daffodil. Also, seems the custom name and description was removed. Might still be on that site? Good luck.

image.png.9c23ae2af9afbca86a94ebd0c938f17c.png

11 hours ago, Shelley Duvall said:

a person who no longer plays tf2, or doesn't use the SCM, or has no reason/way to sell the keys. they're only valuable if you can sell them, and if you're not a trader, your options to 'cash out' are limited to steam market funds, or signing up for a website you know nothing about to exchange them for money to a paypal, if you're lucky, but a bunch of the sites don't even do paypal payouts without tons of extra steps. So its pretty understandable. It's a perspective that seems moronic if you don't consider other people's experiences.

well the basic principle still applies, lets say that someone offers you a gaming console with a bunch of games for your gaming console. they are identical and the only difference is that you're getting a couple games for free, even if you dont play on it anymore you'd still be getting free stuff, no matter how shit the games are you can prolly find a use for them.

another point being that if they have OP's chucklenuts, they at least have a very basic knowledge of trading/marketing. they must've purchased it from the market or traded for it. they most likely know that the keys have some monetary value, so i dont think that your argument holds much weight

48 minutes ago, nimbus trade.tf said:

another point being that if they have OP's chucklenuts, [...] they must've purchased it from the market or traded for it. they most likely know that the keys have some monetary value, so i dont think that your argument holds much weight

Maybe the hat was a gift, and he had a limited account that couldn't even use the SCM to sell the keys.  Even being able to load money into your Steam wallet and buy something from the SCM does not necessarily mean you know the first thing about trading, or want to participate in any way. 

Maybe Gordon was rude/sus and he told him no just to piss him off.  We don't know.

To add another point, it's completely possible that guy's refusal to be talked into things that seem too good to be true by strangers on the internet has kept him from being scammed on any number of occasions. 

Bottom line is, the guy got called a moron for not behaving how Gordon thought he should, not for doing anything objectively stupid.  He might have had his reasons.

12 hours ago, 3.50 said:

Maybe the hat was a gift, and he had a limited account that couldn't even use the SCM to sell the keys.  Even being able to load money into your Steam wallet and buy something from the SCM does not necessarily mean you know the first thing about trading, or want to participate in any way. 

Maybe Gordon was rude/sus and he told him no just to piss him off.  We don't know.

To add another point, it's completely possible that guy's refusal to be talked into things that seem too good to be true by strangers on the internet has kept him from being scammed on any number of occasions. 

Bottom line is, the guy got called a moron for not behaving how Gordon thought he should, not for doing anything objectively stupid.  He might have had his reasons.

Dude bought it from me off SCM forever ago, I wanted it back cause I really missed it. I also SENT the trade offer offer when he added me and he responded with "no i do not trade" then blocked me. He has since gone on to sell items on SCM and hasn't touched TF2 in 6 months. And the Chucklenuts still, to this very day, has 18 points on it. I didn't message him anything rude, and before he blocked me I even offered more keys without a response. If his utter refusal to negotiate anything over trade offers period over utter paranoia for being scammed then he needs to check into a mental hospital. He is in every single way imaginable a MORON.

2 hours ago, Gordon said:

Dude bought it from me off SCM forever ago, I wanted it back cause I really missed it. I also SENT the trade offer offer when he added me and he responded with "no i do not trade" then blocked me. He has since gone on to sell items on SCM and hasn't touched TF2 in 6 months. And the Chucklenuts still, to this very day, has 18 points on it. I didn't message him anything rude, and before he blocked me I even offered more keys without a response. If his utter refusal to negotiate anything over trade offers period over utter paranoia for being scammed then he needs to check into a mental hospital. He is in every single way imaginable a MORON.

To me this looks like you've underestimated how little non-traders know about trading - they don't consider using SCM 'trading', they consider it 'shopping'. On the surface the word 'trading' suggests swapping items for items - and if someone doesn't want to be a part of it I can't say I blame them for not knowing keys are considered currency. So with that in mind, it doesn't surprise me at all that he blocked you before trying to negotiate with you. I'd say one of the biggest reasons people want to avoid trading is fear of being scammed, which is what this looks like. 

He followed the golden rule of 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is.' He's not done anything unreasonable, he's walked away from a situation he didn't understand to protect himself from what he perceived as a potential threat. Not a moron in my eyes. Just because he didn't give you what you wanted doesn't put you in a position to say all these things about him.

18 hours ago, Gordon said:

He has since gone on to sell items on SCM and hasn't touched TF2 in 6 months.  And the Chucklenuts still, to this very day, has 18 points on it.

You can't easily tell what a person is selling on the SCM (you'd basically have to look at their bp from a previous point in time and check the SCM for those items individually), so you're...stalking this poor guy?  And keeping tabs on his inventory after how long?? 

18 hours ago, Gordon said:

[...] he needs to check into a mental hospital.

So you're online stalking some poor guy, and raging about a virtual item that you could easily replace with an effectively identical one, but he's the one who needs to check into a mental hospital.  Got it.

I feel you. My first unusual, an orbiting planets bonk helm was in a similar situation. I added the current owner but he keeps ignoring me. Sad really, I wanted to pay him way too much for it too.

Archived