Lets make a List of Every Bug on bp.tf to make it eaiser for dev's to fix it :)

Zapperzz

Everyone including me is always posting bugs we find in the status updates but those get buried. I figure if we make 1 thread for all the glitches the Devs have one place to go where they can see a list of every bug to fix :) It might be useful for them and if not... now we have a place to hangout and complain :^)

Here's some I found in the last few days

https://backpack.tf/unusual/Defragmenting Hard Hat 17%

If you click wiki on this item it doesn't take you to the the actual wiki page

https://backpack.tf/effect/Smissmas Tree 

on this unusual effect stat page it only displays 1 hat even though there are around ~40 hats that exist with that effect as you can see here

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?page=8&particle=205

Hat's that have special characters in their name especially "-" sometimes don't display on the effect page for some effects. for example:

https://backpack.tf/effect/Pumpkin Moon

the Spooky Head-Bouncers don't show up on this page for pumpkin moon effects

even though as we can see here https://backpack.tf/unusual/Spooky Head-Bouncers 128 of them exist

This may have something to do with the item not being priced yet. although it still should display their even if it isn't priced yet

There's this - https://backpack.tf/issue/60d4b82943297e62ce464874 - Outdated unusuals that still have old bud prices can't be put in classifieds and will prompt a message saying: "An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Warning: Undefined array key "usd"")." 
Picture of message here - https://imgur.com/a/mtL7MAb

Pointless. When I brought up backpack.tf staff's inactivity, it took quite a bit of the community to push for change and the staff became more active... for like half a year, then things started deteriorating once again, as they do, and the activity started gradually dropping, again. Now, like a year and half or so later, the activity is embarrassingly lack, again. I do try to push for more activity here and there privately, but know that making another thread would be pointless. Now, thats more of general talk, more to the matter at hand, this specific topic. In the thread I mentioned, Teeny said that making such a list would be pointless, as she herself made multiple lists like that for fisk and they just didn't make a difference, fisk did not give a shit and this type of behavior from fisk is enabled by the owners, likewise, not giving a shit. The owners are to blame (to which they or at least geel admitted to in the aforementioned thread) for not motivating the devs nor the staff team enough and now that I'm also a part of such a community, I know how important motivation is. If the owner is lazy and doesn't care, it lowers morale a lot, cause owner can enable things admins just can not, for example pay in general or higher pay (lets stick to just pay for now when it comes to bp.tf tho lol).

3 hours ago, Zapperzz said:

https://backpack.tf/effect/Smissmas Tree 

on this unusual effect stat page it only displays 1 hat even though there are around ~40 hats that exist with that effect as you can see here

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?page=8&particle=205

Hat's that have special characters in their name especially "-" sometimes don't display on the effect page for some effects. for example:

https://backpack.tf/effect/Pumpkin Moon

the Spooky Head-Bouncers don't show up on this page for pumpkin moon effects

even though as we can see here https://backpack.tf/unusual/Spooky Head-Bouncers 128 of them exist

This may have something to do with the item not being priced yet. although it still should display their even if it isn't priced yet

all of this is not a bug, on the effects section it only displays items that are currently priced, tho sure it would be a nice feature to show unpriced items on the list

2 hours ago, Beaser said:

all of this is not a bug, on the effects section it only displays items that are currently priced, tho sure it would be a nice feature to show unpriced items on the list

wow you're right! that's crazy I never noticed that and that would be a very nice feature

3 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Pointless. When I brought up backpack.tf staff's inactivity, it took quite a bit of the community to push for change and the staff became more active... for like half a year, then things started deteriorating once again, as they do, and the activity started gradually dropping, again. Now, like a year and half or so later, the activity is embarrassingly lack, again. I do try to push for more activity here and there privately, but know that making another thread would be pointless. Now, thats more of general talk, more to the matter at hand, this specific topic. In the thread I mentioned, Teeny said that making such a list would be pointless, as she herself made multiple lists like that for fisk and they just didn't make a difference, fisk did not give a shit and this type of behavior from fisk is enabled by the owners, likewise, not giving a shit. The owners are to blame (to which they or at least geel admitted to in the aforementioned thread) for not motivating the devs nor the staff team enough and now that I'm also a part of such a community, I know how important motivation is. If the owner is lazy and doesn't care, it lowers morale a lot, cause owner can enable things admins just can not, for example pay in general or higher pay (lets stick to just pay for now when it comes to bp.tf tho lol).

I didn't make this thread to bash the mods, devs, or owners 😮

I have so much empathy for all the mods cuz they do A LOT of work to help our whole community... I mean imagine if backpack.tf didn't exist. It would be a literal nightmare and trading would be no where near as fun as it is :^)

backpack tf IS FREE. The owners of backpack tf don't make significant profit. they do this to help the community :) and because they have a passion for the tf2 economy 

when I made this thread I just wanted to help them fix these bugs if they ever decided to. if they never fixed the bugs I would still be happy and grateful for this amazing website.

something like the prestige belt change they implemented so people can have multiple black belts is just 1 example of a way they have kept up with our requests and tried to please the community. any community that does stuff like that is an awesome community I want to be a part of :)

48 minutes ago, Zapperzz said:

I have so much empathy for all the mods cuz they do A LOT of work to help our whole community... I mean imagine if backpack.tf didn't exist. It would be a literal nightmare and trading would be no where near as fun as it is :^)

backpack tf IS FREE. The owners of backpack tf don't make significant profit. they do this to help the community :) and because they have a passion for the tf2 economy 

when I made this thread I just wanted to help them fix these bugs if they ever decided to. if they never fixed the bugs I would still be happy and grateful for this amazing website.

something like the prestige belt change they implemented so people can have multiple black belts is just 1 example of a way they have kept up with our requests and tried to please the community. any community that does stuff like that is an awesome community I want to be a part of :)

backpack.tf is a site with massive amount of views daily, a lot of which are from non ad-blocked users since I know a lot of people see the site through steam's browser and stuff like that. It is almost definetely a money-maker, not to mention the large amounts of premium users and the donations. Sure, its a good site to have and its benefitted most users, but to say that there is no profit/cashflow for the owners is probably wrong.

As Crimson already mentioned, it's pretty pointless. Making such list would not motivate the devs to start working. If they wanna fix anything, they can simply start looking at the issue tracker, but that pretty much hasn't happened since cares stopped working as a dev. Backpack.tf has had poor management ever since it changed ownership. Reporting mods are pretty inactive, devs work on whatever they feel like and whenever they feel like it.

11 hours ago, Zapperzz said:

Neither did I, do you see me being rude in my reply? No, I'm just being brutally honest

I have so much empathy for all the mods cuz they do A LOT of work

Thats the issue, they used to, but now they've grown up and do not anymore, which is fine, its life, but can we call them part of bp.tf's staff if they aren't participating in being the staff?

The owners of backpack tf don't make significant profit.

Couldn't be more wrong, bp.tf makes a fuck ton from ads and premium.

when I made this thread I just wanted to help them fix these bugs if they ever decided to

Which is what I pointed out, if even the admin put in tons of effort and made multiple lists like that and they were in vain, then that shows you how bad the situation with owners and devs is.

Never discredited how good bp.tf is in general, just pointed out how it keeps falling for the worse, I think anyone could tell how much I love the site by looking at the work I've put in it

5 minutes ago, Fr3unen said:

As long as greedy grinch Geel gets his money, nothing is gonna change.

Jesus chill, he's a good guy from what I've physically seen, just a bad practice as the owner of bp.tf in particular, rest of the sites he's poured his soul into, just virtually nothing was left for bp.tf

30 minutes ago, w0lk said:

You are implying anyone looks at the issue tracker, including report mods.

😂 ☺️

Also implying that this thread will receive even less attention than the issue tracker, especially in like a week.

Might be better to try to compile a list of qualified devs who would be willing to join the team and work on the site, rather than copying and pasting issues from the official issue tracker into yet another "look at all the things that are broken" thread.

A list of able and willing developers might urge the admins to take some on and hopefully work on some of these issues. Or maybe it won't, but at least that would be a productive task and have a chance at addressing the real problem here.

you cant view the classifieds of winter 2016 unlocked cosmetic case thru search bar,you need to use classified listings

Archived