Lucky's Art Commissions

LuckyGator

Uh.. That logo is straight-up traced from an image of the bronze Pompeii gladiator helmet owned by the british museum. 

I know because I did the exact same thing 3 years ago.

Look man, editing photos is it's own form of art, but this stuff takes 15 minutes at most. Two bucks would be the most I recommend anyone to pay for this.

If you want to charge more than five bucks then you need to put more time into making sure that what you create is unique, transformative, and generally worthwhile for the client.

(I decline to comment on the war paints, as I don't know much about the stuff.)

On 1/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, Melusine said:

Uh.. That logo is straight-up traced from an image of the bronze Pompeii gladiator helmet owned by the british museum. 

I know because I did the exact same thing 3 years ago.

Look man, editing photos is it's own form of art, but this stuff takes 15 minutes at most. Two bucks would be the most I recommend anyone to pay for this.

If you want to charge more than five bucks then you need to put more time into making sure that what you create is unique, transformative, and generally worthwhile for the client.

(I decline to comment on the war paints, as I don't know much about the stuff.)

a

You sure do have an artist's sense of entitlement..

You can charge whatever you'd like.

I'm just saying that it's not representetive of the work put into it. That's disrespectful both to your clients and to contemporary artists.

If you cared for this then you would answer by asking for more constructive feedback to reflect on and learn from, instead of acting like a child; completely ignoring it and placing the blame on me. 

No disrespect to your vector wallpapers. Those are fine. Could be more transformative but I guess it's a matter of discussion if adding more takes away from the source. 

It's the logos and icons that bother me. The gladiator helm takes mere minutes to produce, if it wasn't so specific, it would be free clipart. 

The other ones are just too close to the original. Not to say that you need to make it hyper-stylized, but it isn't representative of either the client or the artist. 

Archived