Trading with red marked people

Shotgun

Can you trade with the person that got red marked on their name?

For example: i want to trade with this guy but he hasnt got steam rep banned on his profile, i was wonder if i can trade with him or not

scammer.png

If the person is marked as a scammer on SteamRep: no

If the person is banned on Backpack.tf for trading with scammers or just for breaking any other Backpack.tf rules unrelated to scamming: yes

• Administrators

tl;dr Can you trade them? Yes

Can you trade them repeatedly? No

Should you trade them? Up to you, but I'd say no

Looking at just the inventory I'd wager they've definitely taken a few people for a ride, so for safetys sake I'd say don't trade them lest you want to be alike the others. However, it could just be an off circumstance that they've gotten bp banned for doing something that breaches rules etc

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 3:07 PM, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy said:

tl;dr Can you trade them? Yes

Can you trade them repeatedly? No

Should you trade them? Up to you, but I'd say no

Why are you not allowed to trade someone repeatedly? Would someone get in trouble for trading with me repeatedly? 

3 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Why are you not allowed to trade someone repeatedly? Would someone get in trouble for trading with me repeatedly? 

you may get suspected as an alt of them

3 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Ban reason on your profile is basically saying 'this guy's one step off being a straight-up scammer'

Trading with scammers is a problem because if people are openly trading with them, how much is really gained from banning scammers? They just offload their crap a known unbanned trader (aka a fence) and it's like nothing happened besides them not being able to list their items themselves. The purpose of the ban system is to shut scammers out of the trading ecosystem (at least somewhat).

• Administrators
On 2/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, Maxwell said:

Meant to say you can't repeatedly trade people banned for being a scammer on backpack.tf if they aren't banned on SteamRep.

Archived