Like fr, can´t we do something to help the economy?

Menalb

10 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

IMO the economy is thriving.

Same, that and trading being very slow atm are not related, just how trading is 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Cave said:

Sadly, I do not think the ref issue can be fixed without major manipulation by third-parties (i.e. trading sites, whales,....) or interference by Valve.

There used to be a ref drain, which was the crafting system, sadly this system takes up 2 ref to get a 1.33 ref hat, in rare cases, you can get a hat worth above 2+ ref.

But this system is either unknown to most traders nowadays and/or not worth the time put into it for the rewards which put you into the red.

I believe the community can do little to nothing about this.

As well, seeing the infrequent and sporadic work for TF2 being done, you must wonder what the valve employee is doing in the mean-time.

Just a bit of speculation, but I am very sure that the Valve employee still working on TF2 is making a major update when not updating the game with minor updates.

Why this matters? When a major update gets released, more keys will get into circulation since people want the new hats and/or unusuals, they want to buy the pass,....

This will drive down the amount of ref for keys and raise the individual price of refined, resulting in keys goes down temporarily.

The best thing we can hope for is if Valve does indeed implement a better crafting system or implement another sort of ref drain OR a new form of currency is introduced by traders to counter the large amount of ref needed for a key (a good example is ToDs which are sometimes used like this)

I was thinking older no longer unboxable crates that could be used as pennies. Unlike refined metal, there's a limited amount of them.

1 hour ago, Sniperino said:

I was thinking older no longer unboxable crates that could be used as pennies. Unlike refined metal, there's a limited amount of them.

unlike ref new old crates cant be crafted and will not work because people can stop using them after getting a lot of them

So I had some shpell about ref but after replying to another thread I think name tags would actually make a good ref replacement for the inbetween key and weapon area of pricing. There's 400k of them, they have a fixed maximum price, however because they are also an item drop and case bonus that price will tend to be less, and as a bonus they can be listed on SCM which ref cannot. Technically they're already pretty much a currency like many high volume items, I'm sure anyone would accept them as a substitute for (insert current price in ref) 14 ref. Just get bots to accept it as a substitute ez pz.

1 hour ago, yuno said:

Allow people to buy casual levels with refined

Infinite ref sink = problem solved

That won't work very well because casual levels are absolutely irrelevant

7 hours ago, Alecto said:

That won't work very well because casual levels are absolutely irrelevant

That's the point. They are purely cosmetic, but so is the rest of the economy. There would be lots of people who would sink truckloads of ref into casual levels if they could even though these levels are absolutely irrelevant.

Archived