War paint price estimate, Cool unusual effect, field-tested.

Puppier

Just unboxed this unusual war paint with the cool effect. Skin is Polter-Guisted (scream fortress XIII) and quality is Field-Tested. Trying to determine what a fair value for this. Seems like most war paints are estimated to 100-150 keys from other threads, I was curious as to what the forums thinks about this one. Also, I haven't done any trading in like literal years, where should I list this for sale?

20220112182202_1.jpg

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=War Paint&particle=703  <--- Have a look through classifieds to help.

Yours is only commando grade which adds very little, and it's only FT. Since the effect color doesn't go with the skin at all, doubtful that you'll ever see over 40 keys. About 30-35 keys is where you can expect to sell it at. No idea where you would get the idea you'd get 100 keys for it. Only way it would pull those numbers is if it was strange.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Storms said:

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=War Paint&particle=703  <--- Have a look through classifieds to help.

Yours is only commando grade which adds very little, and it's only FT. Since the effect color doesn't go with the skin at all, doubtful that you'll ever see over 40 keys. About 30-35 keys is where you can expect to sell it at. No idea where you would get the idea you'd get 100 keys for it. Only way it would pull those numbers is if it was strange.

tbf it is a team  colored war paint so fit on blu side and red, well screw them 

35 keys sounds right, but if you're gonna try and sell it please dont apply it. unapplied warpaints sell for more than applied ones

i'd also like to add that warpaints are very niche market and a lot of people dont know about them. i think your main goal should be to get more "publicity" for the lack of better word. people pay crazy money for warpaints since they dont know

1 hour ago, ShadowClanZ said:

i'd also like to add that warpaints are very niche market and a lot of people dont know about them. i think your main goal should be to get more "publicity" for the lack of better word. people pay crazy money for warpaints since they dont know

Correct, a lot of people don't know them well - a lot of these people aren't interested in weapon skins. 

People pay crazy money for war paints because they do know, they have an idea of what war paint they want on what weapon and realise it's very unlikely they'll be able to find the exact combo they want (or a substitute) or it happens to be the same combo everyone else wants as well.

I think 40 is not unreasonable - it's a pretty well liked skin, has that nice metallic sheen like macaw masked, the wear on yours isn't too bad.

Backpack classifieds would be lowest visibility but I could see it selling within a few days -> few weeks

Scrap auction would be quicker, no idea if it would actually sell though because so many of the people there are scroungers

Steam Community Market is usually best for skins and war paints, shame about the 15% steam tax but often you can find people are willing to pay more because a lot of people using it don't know about/don't like using trading websites. Assuming of course you're fine with putting the money back into steam via games/items/whatever

yup 100% steam market is better; and 1/2 the people who use steam market are not into trading and just want to buy cool stuff - hence aren't very conservative on pricing imo. 

if you want keys quickly (as soon as u sell) - scrap auctions. if you want to maximise- steam market ( use to buy different items and resell to increase value if ur money) but does require a bit of knowledge on what to buy. 

Archived