Looking for coders

dareosthefishcake

My friend Jack and I are working on creating a new TF2 trading site.

We are looking for people who have some experience in either frontend or backend development and a basic understanding of Team Fortress 2 trading.

Just to get this out of the way, we obviously cannot pay you a full salery (maybe a nice unusual now and then but we cannot afford to actually pay someone).

If you are interested in helping us build this project and are looking for a fun and usefull project in your free time, let us know.

Please sent an aplication to me via Steam before jan. 3rd or contact Jack after jan. 3rd.

Dareos:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/437857298739824747532/

Jack:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Jack_5515/

I'm looking for someone who can work for me but obviously I cannot pay you

This is even worse than the meme "I have in mind the next facebook, I need programmers to make it happen, I give you the idea and you'll code it, I can't pay you a full salary but I can pay you in shares, they will be worth millions in a year or two!!11" 

• Like 2

this guy has inventory no. 500 and has likely spent upwards of ten grand on this game, and is unwilling to pay a contractor to build a website that may or may not be used for exit scamming. lmfao. this is such an embarrassing post.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to be completely honest, you shot yourself in the foot asking for coding help on this forum for your project in the manner that you did, with a clearly visible inventory of over $15000. If you want serious applications, you need to offer actual pay. Otherwise their time would be better spent coding for an actual job and getting an actual paycheck, or even just a project with a guarantee of pure money at the end of it, than 'an unusual now and then'. Especially for a trading site where you are going to generate money from it that can be used to pay who you employ.

• Like 2

It's one thing to ask for collaborators on a community project. There are tons of passionate coders and volunteers willing to help out with everything from server moderation to map building in their spare time. 

15 hours ago, dareosthefishcake said:

We are looking for people who have some experience in either frontend or backend development and a basic understanding of Team Fortress 2 trading.

Just to get this out of the way, we obviously cannot pay you a full salery (maybe a nice unusual now and then but we cannot afford to actually pay someone).

But this is just degrading as all hell.  It's actually insulting how little you value other peoples' time and experience. You don't even offer a share of website revenue or anything for their work aside from a vague "maybe" on some hats. As someone else mentioned, you're just asking for someone to throw some exploits in your backend code. Coding and site dev is a lot of fucking work. If you don't want to compensate people for their labor, you better get on that SkillShare subscription.

If this site ever comes out, I'm sure as hell I'm not using it. As least bp splits donations between their volunteers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...