New scam tactic..?

Burning Mann

Not a scam, but I dont reccomend using that site. Its just a wierd cheap form of advertising. Refined metal is worth 2 cents, sending these out to everyone probably costs them less per click than a google ad. 

Better than giving it to Google. They're already rich enough as is.

9 minutes ago, HaloGAMER0329 said:

Not a scam, but I dont reccomend using that site. Its just a wierd cheap form of advertising. Refined metal is worth 2 cents, sending these out to everyone probably costs them less per click than a google ad. 

Yes yes. I know the "gambling site sponsor" scam isn't a new thing but I've never had a trade offer sent to me like this. Don't even know how they got my trade URL as I don't have it listed anywhere and I haven't had any backpack.tf listings up

26 minutes ago, Burning Mann said:

Yes yes. I know the "gambling site sponsor" scam isn't a new thing but I've never had a trade offer sent to me like this. Don't even know how they got my trade URL as I don't have it listed anywhere and I haven't had any backpack.tf listings up

You have your trade offer link connected to your Backpack page which can be found here

unknown.png

Just now, Breatharian said:

You have your trade offer link connected to your Backpack page which can be found here

unknown.png

Well now I know. Didn't even know that was there

Even if you are getting free stuff, they're basically giving out pennies for wide-spread advertisement. Good tactic honestly, but I wouldn't trust that site even if Gabe Newell and Robin Walker came out and said it's safe.

14 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Even if you are getting free stuff, they're basically giving out pennies for wide-spread advertisement. Good tactic honestly, but I wouldn't trust that site even if Gabe Newell and Robin Walker came out and said it's safe.

Idk if it’s actually good tactic. Iirc you can only send 50 offers? Correct me if I’m wrong. And as you said, it’s a sketchy way

Just now, Api said:

Idk if it’s actually good tactic. Iirc you can only send 50 offers? Correct me if I’m wrong. And as you said, it’s a sketchy way

Well good as in it gets people's attention, especially those who are gullible enough to fall for it. "Wow they gave me free stuff, they must be a good community to do that!"

Archived