i know the smismass 2021 unusuals are shit but if u had to order them.....

lucco51

1. Holiday Horns

2. Shining Stag

3. Ardent Antlers 

4. Condescending Embrace

5. Hospitable Festivity

6. Prismatic Pine 

7. Sparkling Spruce

8. Glittering Juniper

9. Festive Lights

10. Polar Forecast

11. Twisting Lights

12. Smissmas Swirl 

13. Spark of Smissmas

14. Stardust Pathway

15. Flurry Rush

16. Smissmas Tree

21 minutes ago, fenfen said:

1. Holiday Horns

2. Shining Stag

3. Ardent Antlers 

4. Condescending Embrace

5. Hospitable Festivity

6. Prismatic Pine 

7. Sparkling Spruce

8. Glittering Juniper

9. Festive Lights

10. Polar Forecast

11. Twisting Lights

12. Smissmas Whirl 

13. Spark of Smissmas

14. Stardust Pathway

15. Flurry Rush

16. Smissmas Tree

Agree except Flurry Rush > Stardust Pathway and Spiraling/Twisting Lights > Polar Forecast

I actually like the christmas light effects, they're kinda neat and more holiday themed than "snow and snowstorm and snow vortex and snowflakes and snowsnowsnowsnowLETITSNOOOOWWWW" that we get 10 of every smissmas

58 minutes ago, LaughingLollipop said:

1.  Nuts and Bolts

2. Smissmas 2021 Effects

As your average Nuts and bolts admirer, I feel slightly attacked.

3 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

1.  Nuts and Bolts

2. Smissmas 2021 Effects

Nuts and bolts might be a subtle effect but it's actually very well made.

In order of what I expect to be most valuable -> least valuable:

Ardent Antlers/Shining Stag/Holiday Horns

Festive Lights

Hospitable Festivity/Condescending Embrace

Sparkling Spruce/Prismatic Pine/Glittering Juniper

Stardust Pathway/Flurry Rush/Spark of Smissmas

Polar Forecast

Smissmas Tree

Spiraling Lights/Twisting Lights

And for Taunts:

Amethyst Winds/Golden Gusts/Smissmas Swirls

Golden Glimmer/Frosty Silver/Glamorous Dazzle

Minty Cypress/Pristine Pine/Sparkly Spruce

Sublime Snowstorm

Festive Fever

As for stuff I personally like:

Sparkling Spruce/Prismatic Pine/Glittering Juniper actually look pretty nice (even though they're really close to snowblinded, just not as showy as most of the stuff I already have. Dunno why they sit so low by default though

Every other hat effect is basically an underwhelming version of something that already exists, something new which looks terrible (Spiraling Lights/Twisting Lights) or is just gimmicky horns where the big appeal is that it sits in a weird spot on your head compared to every other unusual

In taunts the Winds look nice, Golden Glimmer and Frosty Silver are awesome on moving taunts (my silver zoomin broom is dope), Glamorous Dazzle missed the mark on colours, the trees disappear anywhere there is light, and the other two belong in the bin.

16 hours ago, n_n said:

Nuts and bolts might be a subtle effect but it's actually very well made.

I agree with this, I'd put like a solid 85% of all case-era effects under Nuts n Bolts, easily. If you want proof of how much people care about case-era effects ask them to name effects from each set after like 2016 and see how few people know more than a handful of them.

1 hour ago, Slam said:

I agree with this, I'd put like a solid 85% of all case-era effects under Nuts n Bolts, easily. If you want proof of how much people care about case-era effects ask them to name effects from each set after like 2016 and see how few people know more than a handful of them.

I can name almost every effects from the oldest to maybe end of the line cuz newer effects have weird name and i dont even bother to remember 

On 12/8/2021 at 5:59 PM, Alecto said:

And for Taunts:

Amethyst Winds/Golden Gusts/Smissmas Swirls

Golden Glimmer/Frosty Silver/Glamorous Dazzle

Minty Cypress/Pristine Pine/Sparkly Spruce

Sublime Snowstorm

Festive Fever

In taunts the Winds look nice, Golden Glimmer and Frosty Silver are awesome on moving taunts (my silver zoomin broom is dope), Glamorous Dazzle missed the mark on colours, the trees disappear anywhere there is light, and the other two belong in the bin.

see it's painful because i got festive fever on my luxury lounge hahahahahahahaha pain

On 12/8/2021 at 4:08 PM, Slam said:

If you want proof of how much people care about case-era effects ask them to name effects from each set after like 2016 and see how few people know more than a handful of them.

I feel one big reason for that is the general "one and done" attitude with the new effects combined with that non-case hats don't get the effects means that the new effects don't generate much impact as the chances of seeing them in the wild wind up being rather small. So, rather than being something people want to have to wear or as an end-game goal, most of the new stuff is seen more as a rare investment to be locked away.

Archived