I've been scammed. hard, and I need help getting my stuff back

Cirtex

Recently I was the victim of a SERIOUS scam. 50$ worth of my TF2 inventory was taken from me. my account was compromised and a third party took control of it and traded my items away to a trading site that had a no-returns policy. and even though my situation doesn't fit the criteria of what they won't cover, they still won't help me in returning my items. 

I'm at a loss. I loved a lot of the stuff I had, I'm not a big trader, I buy what I like if I can afford it straight from the Steam MarketPlace, and then I hang onto it, sometimes naming even the cosmetics. 

But now most of my inventory is just gone. Can you guys help me figure out a way to make my stuff back? 

I even have proof that i wasn't the site that did the trading the day the trading took place... though i'm hesitant to show that MAINLY because that's internet history and i'm a degenrate, however the main point is that i don't even have a history for the 6thof november because i was on a camping trip.

EDIT: 

As several people have mentioned that a major failing of this post is the request to simply donate, i'll remedy that. I am a digital artist, So in return for donations, i'll be handing out comissions

For a dontaion of half a key you'll be getting a quick sketch.
For a full key, a full sketch with crosshatched shading

2-3 keys and you'll be getting lineart

4-5 and you'll be getting a fully cell shaded image.
ignore the prices on the sheet below, that is simply to give you an idea of what i do.
Pricing6.thumb.png.3f1896179b92942b99504d3504136423.png

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.png

5.PNG

Steam support hasn't restored items in years

Third parties aren't responsible for the security of your account

You're not going to get the items back

33 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

Recently I was the victim of a SERIOUS scam. 50$ worth of my TF2 inventory was taken from me. my account was compromised and a third party took control of it and traded my items away to a trading site that had a no-returns policy. and even though my situation doesn't fit the criteria of what they won't cover, they still won't help me in returning my items. 

I'm at a loss. I loved a lot of the stuff I had, I'm not a big trader, I buy what I like if I can afford it straight from the Steam MarketPlace, and then I hang onto it, sometimes naming even the cosmetics. 

But now most of my inventory is just gone. Can you guys help me figure out a way to make my stuff back? 

I even have proof that i wasn't the site that did the trading the day the trading took place... though i'm hesitant to show that MAINLY because that's internet history and i'm a degenrate, however the main point is that i don't even have a history for the 6th of november because i was on a camping trip.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.png

5.PNG

You fell for a phishing link and now your account is compromised. There is nothing anybody can do about your items. All you can do is change your steam password.

Just now, Seminal Inhalation said:

You fell got a phishing link and now your account is compromised. There is nothing anybody can do about your items. All you can do is change your steam password.

I get that. what i'd like to know is how can i get something like, i don't know donations going or maybe a point in the right direction to start trading to eventually get enough keys to purchase my items back. 

As you've been phished and have had your API key compromised, your first course of action should be changing your password (and the password of anything else you use the same email/username password combo with), deauthorizing everything unknown and revoking your API Keys.

https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage is where you can deauthorize their devices from access to your account.

https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey  is where you can revoke your API key.

As for what can be done for your items, it'll be nothing. All you can do is learn from your mistakes, rebuild, and move on. Valve will not restore items lost this way as they consider it your responsibility, especially with how many times they have you confirm a trade and posted warnings. You can report the accounts that took your items on here and other sites, but unfortunately, most are just throwaways, so little will result from it.

24 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

I get that. what i'd like to know is how can i get something like, i don't know donations going or maybe a point in the right direction to start trading to eventually get enough keys to purchase my items back. 

You can't?

2 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

You can't?

Well no of course I can't I don't have the money fincacially to do this, and I'm currently trying to scrounge together what i can to make enough money to get my items back, or at least get replacements

10 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

I don't have the money fincacially to do this

Then don't do it. The game plays the same with or without the cosmetics. And if trying to get a cosmetic item in a video game is putting you in financial trouble, then I feel a few priorities need to be readdressed.

12 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Then don't do it. The game plays the same with or without the cosmetics. And if trying to get a cosmetic item in a video game is putting you in financial trouble, then I feel a few priorities need to be readdressed.

Reminds me of those people people that put themselves in credit card debt just to buy "cool unusuals". It's depressing.

28 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

I'm currently trying to scrounge together what i can to make enough money to get my items back, or at least get replacements

Have you considered, like, NOT doing that? Just trade back up if it's that necessary for you to own pixels, or at least wait until you have the money to.

35 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

and I'm currently trying to scrounge together what i can to make enough money to get my items back, or at least get replacements

But how can you do that if you don't have money to financially do it?

11 minutes ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Reminds me of those people people that put themselves in credit card debt just to buy "cool unusuals". It's depressing.

See, I avoid credit card debt by only buying lame unusuals.

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

See, I avoid credit card debt by only buying lame unusuals.

Having 1 or 2 of a shit effect is lame, 227 of the same shit effect? Now that's epic 👌

I genuinely don't understand how people fall for this? 

YouTubers need to start their videos with a friendly reminder not to click Sussy links or something because these kids aren't getting the message

7 minutes ago, LSO said:

For once I will be SERIOUS and not meme on a weekly scam thread.

Im just a bit confused how these people are aware of the backpack.tf forums, when they're not aware of the most common types of scams. Common scams, common, backpack.tf forums, not common to a point of memed to be dead forums, its weird, so weird.

17 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Im just a bit confused how these people are aware of the backpack.tf forums, when they're not aware of the most common types of scams. Common scams, common, backpack.tf forums, not common to a point of memed to be dead forums, its weird, so weird.

The magic of backpack.tf users

5 hours ago, Cirtex said:

I've heard jobs are pretty good for making money

Please don't shitpost in the thread pls people.

But as everyone has said (and as I told you in the discord), your items are gone and qs.store is under no obligation to return them. I'd recommend either just going without them or spending some money, as trading up from a couple ref to 30 keys is not worth the time it takes.

sorry to hear that

i am not mr empathy myself but i don't understand why people are kinda mean towards a person who is already upset after losing their stuff

i guess the "donate me money" bit didn't help but still

1 hour ago, fran said:

i don't understand why people are kinda mean towards a person who is already upset after losing their stuff

Well 1) like you said they asked for stuff but

2) it feels like there's a thread like this every week and, yea you can't expect everyone to have the same experiences and knowledge as yourself but, it begins to blur together and become a desensitized topic akin to someone getting shot in the news. Is it tragic? Absolutely. Do I care anymore after seeing news about one every day for years? Barely. (The previous anecdote may not work for those living outside the US :fingerguns: )

Archived