how do i make a conscientious objector be full color

ofri30

35 minutes ago, ofri30 said:

i just tried this it didnt work

You have to follow the guide exactly. Install the files it links you to properly and make sure the image is 128x128 in size.

57 minutes ago, ofri30 said:

i just tried this it didnt work

1. Find a picture you want
2. Edit the picture so it is 128x128 pixels EXACTLY and save it as a png
3. Name picture paper_overlay
4. Create custom folder in your tf folder called custom
5. Make another folder in custom named userstuff. You keep doing putting folders within folders until the folder path comes out like so: Team Fortress 2>tf>custom>userstuff>scripts>items>custom_texture_blend_layers
6. Put your paper_overlay picture in that last folder, custom texture blend layers
7. Go in game and apply a decal tool to an objector
8. Click browse for image and go to that exact folder path
9. Click the image (Sometimes after choosing it, it will show your profile picture in place of the normal picture instead that's normal. It will show the real picture when you click next)
10. DO NOT EDIT THE IMAGE, JUST CLICK NEXT AGAIN
11. Click apply and you're done. You now have a full color objector

2 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

8. Click browse for image and go to that exact folder path

I find sometimes it works if you select steam avatar instead of browsing for a file. No idea why but it usually works better like that.

12 minutes ago, Flamadin said:

This is all such a pain that I just pay the few ref for the picture already applied.

It takes like a couple minutes at worst. After you do it all the first time, all you have to do is edit the picture to be 128x128, be png, named paper_overlay and just drag it into the folder. Takes me like a minute or so which isn't long.

• 1 month later...

Also worth mentioning, if it doesn't look proper in game (still has sepia tones) then don't spend the decal.  It has to look full color in game before it's actually working.

Archived