Could there be a staple item worth several keys to make trading easier?

[RCR] The Red Cross

At first I thought buds could be used since their price is relatively stable, but they have decreased in numbers (in existence, according to backpack graph) which has affected price. In saying that, keys don't exactly have a stable price either. 

Could there be either;

A) A new item released that is equivalent to let's say 10 keys and is a staple like keys/ref. An item similar to buds but less restricted in availability and not an achievement item/whatever buds are.

Or

B) An item called "Key Ring" which can be purchased for 10 keys or crafted with 10 keys that essentially combines them into one item. Perhaps it could be used to open 10 of the same crates in your inventory at a time but would mean instead of sending 600 keys, you send 60 key rings, etc.

I know there must downsides to these ideas so I suppose I'm asking for potential flaws.

Been suggested plenty times before. Buds used to be the main thing because the trading window was small. Now that limit doesn't exist

Tickets, buds, max heads and australiums are considered currency / pure already. Same for most items that have buyers at almost the same price as sellers

Could there be a staple item worth several keys to make trading easier?

Yes, everything in tf2 worth several keys.

38 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

because the trading window was small. Now that limit doesn't exist

You learn something new every day, wow

Could there be? Yes, definitely. People have suggested the key ring idea in the past. Will there be? Not likely. The only way I'd expect to see an item like this from the devs is if they released the Mannconomy Update: Electric Boogaloo, which, considering they haven't even released the Heavy update, is not realistically happening within our lifetimes.

Much more likely is the community coming together to agree on a new high-tier currency. However, considering the ****-show that was the buds crash, I don't think that's such a great idea, nor are people open to it. The much more realistic option is to just trade with extremely liquid items, like Australiums (srsly, the difference between sell orders & buy orders is like a few ref). They do fluctuate over time, but the same issue would be present with a new currency (just like it was with buds, huzzah!).

The only time you really need key condensed items now is for trades over 3000 keys, and there's already a perfect item for that: Golden pan.

7 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

You learn something new every day, wow

Yep. Tf2 trading existed before Steam trading. Back then, you needed to be in the same server as the other trader and you couldn't trade more than 8 items at a time. That's why Bill's, Buds. and Max's became placeholder currencies.

Archived