bpscanner.com

fryedmalone

Hi everyone,

I can finally announce the beta of my first Team Fortress 2 related project

BPScanner.com

This website is the result of my experience with TF2 trading combined with my passion for web application programming 🌐.

Disclaimer : BPScanner is currently released in beta, so its functionalities are limited.

The purpose of this tool is to automate the search of interesting items in players' backpacks in a massive way, simply by copy pasting the status of a Team Fortress 2 server from the game console by typing :

clear;status

In this beta release, the only kind of rarity that is supported is Unusual.

It even allows you to scan players without even having to open the game, as you can find the statuses directly from the web .

Player data is parsed in real time, so you can be sure that the item displayed are up to date ✔️.

I am available for requests for improvements and suggestions on the GUI.

If you find errors and/or bugs, please post them here.

Best regards,

fryedmalone

2 hours ago, fryedmalone said:

The purpose of this tool is to automate the search of interesting items in players' backpacks in a massive way, simply by copy pasting the status of a Team Fortress 2 server from the game console by typing

What

2 hours ago, fryedmalone said:

I am available for requests for improvements and suggestions on the GUI.

Well, it'd be advised for it to not look like a early 2000's website/today's scam website

1 hour ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

What

Well, it'd be advised for it to not look like a early 2000's website/today's scam website

so in other words you want it to have a bunch of superfluous crap and ads that make it more difficult to use?

Just now, Buddy said:

so in other words you want it to have a bunch of superfluous crap and ads that make it more difficult to use?

Why

honestly? Works pretty good also thinking it's totally free and self produced. Good job bro. 

There are a bunch of improvement i'd put, maybe something for freemium (steam name with website link) and something premium 

good one anyway, lets go on trade servers :D

Hi,
first of all, thank you for your replies and comment. I really appreciate that.
I'll try to answer to all your questions one by one.

🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

What

To easily work with my tool, I suggest you to type in console the following command "clear;status".
"clear" clears the previous console logs and then "status" output a fresh list of the server status, including the players list.

As you have seen I'm not a graphic, I prefer to make code work. I'll work harder to make it fancy enough 😌.
Thank you.

hollowka said:

is this free backpack.tf premium

Yes, at the moment, for the services offered, it is completely free .
Thank you.

RouzenZaker said:

It's cool, pls update mobile version 🤗

🔜👀📲
Thank you.

AD⚡HD said:

*requires input of SSN and credit card info to work properly*

This one was actually fun 🤪. but send me your credit card in private... 🤑
Thank you.

Buddy answered to 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥:

Well, for this first release I aggree with you Buddy, but 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 is also right.

This GUI is ok, but not for a stable release. It will be upgraded as soon as possible 😌.
Thank you.

neonfishingrod said:

i think it looks nice and clean

Thank you 🤩!

Erupo said:

honestly? Works pretty good also thinking it's totally free and self produced. Good job bro. 

There are a bunch of improvement i'd put, maybe something for freemium (steam name with website link) and something premium 

good one anyway, lets go on trade servers :D

Thank you very much sir, I'm glad you like the tool.
Let's chat to see what your ideas are 🙂.

Best regards,

fryedmalone

2 minutes ago, fryedmalone said:

To easily work with my tool, I suggest you to type in console the following command "clear;status".
"clear" clears the previous console logs and then "status" output a fresh list of the server status, including the players list.

Oh nah, i just had no idea what the website does, didn't understand at all, but on the website itself there's a better explanation "Here you can easily scan player backpacks by copypaste the status of a Team Fortress 2 game server.", so this means that you'll skip !bp-ing people in trade servers?

21 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Oh nah, i just had no idea what the website does, didn't understand at all, but on the website itself there's a better explanation "Here you can easily scan player backpacks by copypaste the status of a Team Fortress 2 game server.", so this means that you'll skip !bp-ing people in trade servers?

The website has an about section, please read it if you want to understand more about how to use the tool.

Mhh! Do what you like more to scan people's backpacks. You can do it by hand or do it automatically with BPScanner.com .

Thank you

7 minutes ago, fryedmalone said:

The website has an about section, please read it if you want to understand more about how to use the tool.

Oh you need to log in for some reason just to see the about section, so i couldn't be bothered, maybe make it so you don't have to?

13 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Oh you need to log in for some reason just to see the about section, so i couldn't be bothered, maybe make it so you don't have to?

Oh well, that's a personal choice imo, if you're interested, just login and read the data 🙂

1 hour ago, fryedmalone said:

Oh well, that's a personal choice imo, if you're interested, just login and read the data 🙂

But like about section tho, what info does that need of my steam account to access lmao, but it is what it is i guess 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

Crimson you've replied 5 times without even testing the site pls

Well i have to log in to test and it doesn't interest me enough to do so, but id still like to understand what it is, but i was redirected to an about section that needs log-in for whatever reason so im in a bind 🤷‍♂️

I remember these, never used em cause I wasn't active trader when they were active. Plus they were used for sharking.

On the suggestion front, clicking the menu buttons doesn't work, you have to click the text, despite the entire button showing as clickable.

5 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

I remember these, never used em cause I wasn't active trader when they were active. Plus they were used for sharking.

On the suggestion front, clicking the menu buttons doesn't work, you have to click the text, despite the entire button showing as clickable.

Technology has evolved over the years, and with it computer security.

I am afraid to hear this distrust on such a large scale, I have tried to keep the graphic layout simple and clean to improve usability, but apparently it has only added more doubt to people.

I can only reiterate again that there are no databases connected on my site and I do not maintain any data from you. Connections for auth are fully encrypted and secure via HTTPS module and SSL certificate.

I will set the buttons as clickable, thanks for the suggestion 🙂.

5 hours ago, fryedmalone said:

Technology has evolved over the years, and with it computer security.

I am afraid to hear this distrust on such a large scale, I have tried to keep the graphic layout simple and clean to improve usability, but apparently it has only added more doubt to people.

I can only reiterate again that there are no databases connected on my site and I do not maintain any data from you. Connections for auth are fully encrypted and secure via HTTPS module and SSL certificate.

I will set the buttons as clickable, thanks for the suggestion 🙂.

You might have misread me, I am not calling the site as a sharking site, but the tool it provides and similar tools of the past are/were used by sharkers to gather large amounts of inventories. This was more effective when inventories were not defaulted to private so you would queue for a casual (quickplay) game, get your status, then requeue and repeat, suddenly you have 100s of inventories and there's almost always a sucker among such large numbers. Your tool is less suited for that since it only includes unusuals.

It does make sharking a little easier, which kinda sucks, but what matters more is that you made a neat tool for a lot of legitimate traders and collectors.

I don't have much use for it in it's current state, but once it gets a bit further in development it could be a godsend. 

On 11/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, Melusine said:

It does make sharking a little easier, which kinda sucks, but what matters more is that you made a neat tool for a lot of legitimate traders and collectors.

I don't have much use for it in it's current state, but once it gets a bit further in development it could be a godsend. 

I feel the same, while I can see how it would make sharking easier, it's also a really interesting idea to make a tool with similar function and purpose to backpack.tf's service, but free.

I'm looking forward to see this project develop :)

5 hours ago, MailDaemon said:

I feel the same, while I can see how it would make sharking easier, it's also a really interesting idea to make a tool with similar function and purpose to backpack.tf's service, but free.

I'm looking forward to see this project develop :)

Unfortunately I have never used the backpack.tf premium service, does it allow you to do a massive scan of all users on a server?

I would like to know how I could improve my service, please let me know with a comment or a private message 🙂.

Thank you !

On 11/22/2021 at 4:08 AM, fryedmalone said:

Unfortunately I have never used the backpack.tf premium service, does it allow you to do a massive scan of all users on a server?

I would like to know how I could improve my service, please let me know with a comment or a private message 🙂.

Thank you !

I may be wrong, but I don't think it enables you to do that in any capacity.

bp.tf premium should enable you to gather lists of certain 'players of interest' by enabling you to track every instance of a specified item, but I don't think the search parameters are very broad. As I understand, itt's not intended to be database of users, more a database of player/inventory activity, tracked through items.

I'm sure someone who's actually used it could give you a better explanation, though.

(For what it's worth, I'll give your tool a proper test later. I'm really fascinated by it)

Archived