Some site and forums ideas/bugs

🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥

One of the ideas I've suggested to sin, never got a response, another I talked to Zeus about, he alone shrugged it off, but wanna know what the rest of the staff and community think. As for the forum bugs, I've showcased them in my status updates before, but noone seems to exactly pay attention that way, seemingly.

I know that fisk is working on a complete rework of bp.tf and is not looking at/working on anything else reported/suggested atm, and that these reports/suggestions might already be fixed/included in the new rework, but that is not that likely anyway.

Site idea 1:

Since bp.tf classies sale listings require proof of past/declined offers, how about we be able to attach proof onto our listings, atm the only way we can show screenshot proof is via a link and that takes note space and quite frankly looks messy, also many more people would actually check the proof of past/declined offers, if it was an attachment, rather than a link. This should be pretty easy to do as well, since some time ago bp.tf got its own file host, so they don't need to rely on an external one, meaning attaching files is very much possible.

Site idea 2:

Traders who get impersonated constantly have the impersonation warning tag. Impersonators mainly link the traders' backpack.tf who they're impersonating, but on steam, discord etc. embed shows up, and asking Zeus about it, it can indeed be edited to show whatever the dev wants it to show. The suggestion is to make it show similar, but obviously way shorter warning that the user is being impersonated, like it does on their bp.tf profiles. Why Zeus shrugged it off was cause "the impersonators would just link the impersonated traders' bp.tf link on their profile and tell the victims to check for the link on their profiles", however this suggestions is with great certainty better as an additional security/warning barrier.

Mr8YqpX.png

Also, something that has been on my mind, before all classies listings were wiped accidentally, there used to be stats on how many listings there are and how many promoted and something else which I don't remember. I asked fisk about it for a while and when I finally got an answer he told me that he kinda finds those stats unnecessary anyway, but id like to know what the community thinks, would you want them back?

4fYiH2Z.png

bp.tf bug/question:

t3Ye7Nl.png

This is under the top gifters board. It shows how many months of premium has been gifted on bp.tf all time. Before it was around 2 million, now its only 2 thousand, why's that?

Forum idea/question:

When you get react restricted for surpassing daily react count, can you see anywhere when the restriction will lift? I think its 24 hours, but id like to see a timer, if you can't see it anywhere, then thats a suggestion.

The forum bugs, pls help:

OEHtqcm.png

https://i.imgur.com/z9sliTA.mp4

XaQcFyD.gif

Think thats about it, its stuff that has been on my mind for a long while, thought id put em together into one place.

Past/Declined offers proof is a good thing, It's very much needed but people can fake it and people depending on the attachment would make it hard to keep track and verify the proof if someone fakes it since there are so many listings, and many might fall for it.

Mostly high unusuals or rare unusuals depend on past offers, for which the link in description is good enough, because adding the entire system would mean it gets added to low tier unusuals aswell and that market would just mess up with all the fake offers.

Unless there's some way to make it so only unusuals above certain price can have the feature, I don't know if that can be done or not.

maybe one way is if it gets added to rules, that if someone puts up false past offer they get banned or something for misleading, even so person might already lose keys before ban. Would need a way to verify the past offers at a high scale, and if they past offer attachment can't be taken seriously it shouldn't be there. 

Also, would there be a possible way to fix the fake buy order issue? Not the bots not accepting the trade but some buy orders that people make to sell their unusual as "quicksell" and delete the buy order after that.

9 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Site idea 1:

Since bp.tf classies sale listings require proof of past/declined offers, how about we be able to attach proof onto our listings, atm the only way we can show screenshot proof is via a link and that takes note space and quite frankly looks messy, also many more people would actually check the proof of past/declined offers, if it was an attachment, rather than a link. This should be pretty easy to do as well, since some time ago bp.tf got its own file host, so they don't need to rely on an external one, meaning attaching files is very much possible.

It would be far more messy to have to open attachments on listings somehow. Use the same imgur album and update it whenever you have a new offer? It's 27 characters out of the 200 available for a listing description, really not a lot

1 hour ago, Gand Pika said:

Also, would there be a possible way to fix the fake buy order issue? Not the bots not accepting the trade but some buy orders that people make to sell their unusual as "quicksell" and delete the buy order after that.

Not rly a site suggestion but

if someone makes a buy order on their own hat on the same account it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't take that buy order all too serious when considering an offer

If done through an alt/bot, a lot of bots have their owner linked on their profile and alts often have just enough to fulfill the buy order which is a red flag 

10 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

bp.tf bug/question:

t3Ye7Nl.png

This is under the top gifters board. It shows how many months of premium has been gifted on bp.tf all time. Before it was around 2 million, now its only 2 thousand, why's that?

A long while ago someone used a bug and "gifted" a crazy amount of months. This number was probably fixed

10 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

When you get react restricted for surpassing daily react count, can you see anywhere when the restriction will lift? I think its 24 hours, but id like to see a timer, if you can't see it anywhere, then thats a suggestion.

I assume just midnight at UTC timezone. Main site also uses this. Limit is I think 10 per day according to this and according to this admins can change the limit per role

5 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

really not a lot

Thats the issue, it is and even if its not in your opinion, it still looks messy as a link as opposed to a little dropdown attachment

A long while ago someone used a bug and "gifted" a crazy amount of months. This number was probably fixed

Oh never knew that, but it is impossible that all time gifted premium is only 2079 months, the top gifters alone make up ~1491 of those months

I assume just midnight at UTC timezone.

Mmm, im very bad at timezones ':D

15 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Also, something that has been on my mind, before all classies listings were wiped accidentally, there used to be stats on how many listings there are and how many promoted and something else which I don't remember. I asked fisk about it for a while and when I finally got an answer he told me that he kinda finds those stats unnecessary anyway, but id like to know what the community thinks, would you want them back?

Stats make me moist. I'd like to see this come back

15 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Site idea 2:

Traders who get impersonated constantly have the impersonation warning tag. Impersonators mainly link the traders' backpack.tf who they're impersonating, but on steam, discord etc. embed shows up, and asking Zeus about it, it can indeed be edited to show whatever the dev wants it to show. The suggestion is to make it show similar, but obviously way shorter warning that the user is being impersonated, like it does on their bp.tf profiles. Why Zeus shrugged it off was cause "the impersonators would just link the impersonated traders' bp.tf link on their profile and tell the victims to check for the link on their profiles", however this suggestions is with great certainty better as an additional security/warning barrier.

I think most additional security measures or additions that can be implemented to help prevent scamming is a good thing. Scammers will still scam, but with the countless impersonation issues, I believe this would be helpful. Perhaps also adding something like "This user only trades from this account, any account telling you that they're a trading alt is a scam" as that seems to be a really common one. Obviously we don't want to clutter up bp profiles and input walls of text, so I don't know how implementing such a thing would work.

I think there should also be some sort of banner or small hyperlink on the site that directs to information about common scams and how to avoid them. Or perhaps a pop-up with information or a link when a user makes a new account. New users are especially vulnerable to a lot of the common scams, and perhaps presenting this information to new users upon account creation will help at least somewhat. 

Archived