Why am I getting re-directed to virus websites?!?

thebanditruby

This is the second time I've been redirected to a Flash Player Update scam site. I don't even have to click anything, it just redirects without warning. I've scanned my PC for viruses (that FULL SCAN...) and nothing was detected. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 hour ago, thebanditruby said:

This is the second time I've been redirected to a Flash Player Update scam site. I don't even have to click anything, it just redirects without warning. I've scanned my PC for viruses (that FULL SCAN...) and nothing was detected. Has this happened to anyone else?

Do you have an adblocker? You should use one, as ads have the potential to execute malicious code (depending on who buys the ad spot).

If you have one but still have this issue, it's likely you either have adware OR (unlikely) the DNS addresses on your router got changed to malicious ones via an exploit (happened to me before a really long time ago).

1 hour ago, F2P Σίγμα said:

backpack.tf is a well-known scam and phishing website, you probably should stop using it for a while

thanks, im gonna go report it to the TF2 dev(s?)

Install Malwarebytes and run a virus scan

I use uBlock Origin for Adblocking

Check Browser addons incase something has installed itself

Good luck

You are infected by adware. Install adblock (ublock origin, adblock, whatever you like and whatever there is for your browser). Use AdwCleaner to delete the adware. I recommend doing the antivirus scan offline. Scan, delete threats, restart PC, before connecting to internet try to scan it once more. If AdwCleaner doesnt help, use superantispyware (yeah the name sounds kinda sketchy, but it works).

Archived