Should we reform pricing system?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There is a noticable lack of interest in pricing mod position and there is a lot of burden on mod's shoulders because of this so I was thinking of a system in order to make mod's jobs easier and I thought of a system that allows selected non-mods to close discussions that have an obvious outcome like troll suggestions or one that has one option obviously winning with mods only being called for either suggestions that can be controversial,suggestions that have both of the options being close to each other vote-wise or for very niche items like strangifiers.

Here's the solution: just hire more fully trained mods, just having a few selected people closing troll suggestions seems pointless to me. Why just do that when you can work to be a full price mod and do it properly 

11 minutes ago, Strange said:

Here's the solution: just hire more fully trained mods, just having a few selected people closing troll suggestions seems pointless to me. Why just do that when you can work to be a full price mod and do it properly 

Voluntary work works... until the one's that have been doing it for years grow up and tired, and have other stuff to do, which makes it very difficult to invest time into the voluntary work they applied for in the past. Its always been beyond me how the only ones getting paid are the dev(s) (and even then do less work than i do sleeping). Owners make tons of money from bp.tf (and it just happens to be that bp.tf is the smallest form of income for them), why not then just use all (which would prolly be too much, honestly, bp.tf gets so much traffic, its impossible that the site doesn't generate a fuck ton of revenue) of bp.tf's income to pay staff to drastically increase motivation.

1 hour ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

There is a noticable lack of interest in pricing mod position and there is a lot of burden on mod's shoulders because of this so I was thinking of a system in order to make mod's jobs easier and I thought of a system that allows selected non-mods to close discussions that have an obvious outcome like troll suggestions or one that has one option obviously winning with mods only being called for either suggestions that can be controversial,suggestions that have both of the options being close to each other vote-wise or for very niche items like strangifiers.

Well the only "agreement" i have with this proposal is that i would indeed not mind having privileges to close clear troll suggestions, but then how do you make so that the privileges are only for troll suggestions? Only you can be the judge of that and in that case, i doubt mods would trust non-mods that they wont abuse it and close suggs that aren't clear troll. Besides, you can just dm a mod with a link to a troll suggestion, literally sounds more reasonable despite mods not liking dms to "speed tf up" actions on a suggestion

2 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well the only "agreement" i have with this proposal is that i would indeed not mind having privileges to close clear troll suggestions, but then how do you make so that the privileges are only for troll suggestions? Only you can be the judge of that and in that case, i doubt mods would trust non-mods that they wont abuse it and close suggs that aren't clear troll. Besides, you can just dm a mod with a link to a troll suggestion, literally sounds more reasonable despite mods not liking dms to "speed tf up" actions on a suggestion

I agree with this, if you designate a few people to only close troll suggestions, they could then start closing random suggestions just because they feel like it or because they disagree with them. Besides, if by coincidence they're all offline at the same time as the proper mods then we're in the same situation as before

Troll suggestions - while they can be annoying - are not necessarily a lot of work or effort for us. They take 2-3 seconds to close. I don't really see the point of hiring people specifically to do tasks that take 2-3 seconds and only happen a few times a day. There have been times where a troll suggestions remains open for a few hours but this is very rare, most get closed pretty quickly. And if necessary, repeated offenders can receive a suggestion ban. 

And it's true they have a lot of work, but they cope with it. It happens that for a long time, but the relevance of prices does not suffer. In my opinion, there are several people who deserve to be moderators now. I do not know how much they are interested in it, but the fact is that not everything is so bad.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

I don't really see the point of hiring people specifically to do tasks that take 2-3 seconds and only happen a few times a day.

Well the op didn't say anything about hiring, just Strange pointed out that none of the mods are actually hired

I was thinking about this the other day.

I feel like voters should gain weight with each milestone they reach. So when 10 votes from well established voters are put on a suggestion, it is auto accepted. This would make the mods job easier as they only have to look at controversial suggestions.

Logic: if 10 people who have awards for accurate voting all agree on a suggestion, it is bound to be right (or in the error margin of the mods themselves).

You could even make it like a point system where each vote is a point, but votes from well established voters are worth more. When a suggestion hits XYX votes, it is Auto accepted. Obviously conditions can be put on this to prevent acceptance from nominal voters such as; negative votes take away points or it must reach XYX points and have a 95%+ upvoted rate at the same time.

1 hour ago, [RCR] The Red Cross said:

I was thinking about this the other day.

I feel like voters should gain weight with each milestone they reach. So when 10 votes from well established voters are put on a suggestion, it is auto accepted. This would make the mods job easier as they only have to look at controversial suggestions.

Logic: if 10 people who have awards for accurate voting all agree on a suggestion, it is bound to be right (or in the error margin of the mods themselves).

You could even make it like a point system where each vote is a point, but votes from well established voters are worth more. When a suggestion hits XYX votes, it is Auto accepted. Obviously conditions can be put on this to prevent acceptance from nominal voters such as; negative votes take away points or it must reach XYX points and have a 95%+ upvoted rate at the same time.

A voting system would not work, whilst it's a good idea it is simply impractical. Most suggestions are volatile, they have new sales, new information comes to light, minis change etc etc, so having votes could prematurely accept an inaccurate suggestion. Or you could make spam-bot accounts that auto-upvote suggestions - which could be very easy to manipulate.

2 hours ago, Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons said:

A voting system would not work, whilst it's a good idea it is simply impractical. Most suggestions are volatile, they have new sales, new information comes to light, minis change etc etc, so having votes could prematurely accept an inaccurate suggestion. Or you could make spam-bot accounts that auto-upvote suggestions - which could be very easy to manipulate.

Well all of these ideas put too much trust on people that aren't mods and it makes you uncomfortable, inevitably (altho i do understand that every single mod isn't a mod right from the beginning lol, but idk, weird ideas so far for sure)

7 hours ago, Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons said:

Vote bots would carry little to no weight. It would be very easy to have a minimum reputation requirement which would stop bots from accomplishing much.

You could also implement minimum time requirements so suggestions wouldn't pass until some amount of time had passed allowing for changes. There are changes happening regardless of mod approved prices or voted in prices.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, [RCR] The Red Cross said:

Vote bots would carry little to no weight. It would be very easy to have a minimum reputation requirement which would stop bots from accomplishing much.

You could also implement minimum time requirements so suggestions wouldn't pass until some amount of time had passed allowing for changes. There are changes happening regardless of mod approved prices or voted in prices.

These suggestions could be implemented, but it seems more hassle than it's worth. Manually reviewing each suggestion is slower but more accurate, with no room for manipulation etc. Although I did like your idea.

Archived