Can someone inspect element a listing?

Mr.demon kraken

Does bp.tf have some safe guard for this not to happen? or...

This poped up in my mind and hasn't left.

Let's say someone hates someone, so they send a bad trade offer for an item the person has listed, but when the person declines the trade they inspect element the page to say the price that was declined was the amount listed and report them.

You can do this on every site.

There are multiple ways to check if their screenshot is valid, and if you report a listing the listing you reported is of course shown to us. 

Aaaaaand faking evidence leads to a permanent ban

The safeguards is that Mods are immediately going to see through this

Okay, this type of attack is certainly possible. And since backpack.tf does not keep any records of old listings there's simply no way for accused to prove that "No, I did not have this listing up with this price yesterday from 8:02 to 8:05".

Which is unlike Steam chat logs which Steam automatically records for you for 14 days and if someone falsifies those (happened to me by the way) you have the ability to demonstrate the real logs "in person".

And contrary to what Zeus says above, I don't see ways to check if "screenshot is valid", unless of course the perpetrator miscalculates the decimal fraction for keys or makes some other mistake.

So imho ultimately it would come down to "word vs word". Doing this forgery from established accounts would eventually lead to a ban (as Zeus mentioned) and not worth it. While doing it from throwaway accounts is not going to be credible enough.

1 hour ago, D.Alex said:

Doing this forgery from established accounts would eventually lead to a ban (as Zeus mentioned) and not worth it. While doing it from throwaway accounts is not going to be credible enough.

If you are making new, throwaway accounts to forge a picture to report someone, you seriously need a new hobby.

Archived