Impersonater Warning Request

humfrey

Hello I've been having people imperonating me and scamming people of their items.  Sorry if this is the wrong place make such a request but I was wondering if I could recieve a warning on my backpack profile that I've seen on others to help with this.  Any other tips on combatting impersonators would be appreciated.  Cheers.

the time I tried to report someone for impersonating a known trading bot, they declined since they said having the same exact name isn't enough proof, even though it was obvious they were impersonating to try and scam 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, humfrey said:

Any other tips on combatting impersonators would be appreciated.

Make some space in your bp by selling some stuff / Cashing out

The less valuable your bp will be, the less impersonated you'll be.

There is no other way...

1 hour ago, Strange said:

the time I tried to report someone for impersonating a known trading bot, they declined since they said having the same exact name isn't enough proof, even though it was obvious they were impersonating to try and scam 🤷‍♂️

Name and pfp was never enough proof, the only cases where we accept those is for people impersonating SR greentags

@humfrey Make an inquiry here and i'll forward it

When it comes to impersonation banners, you need to show proof of consistent impersonation. Either archive their profiles (by steamid, not custom id) using an archive site, show reports or negative ratings against you or your impersonators etc. We don't want these banners to be overused and lose its meaning. A couple of the current open issues about this never followed up with anything

Archived