can we agree that the new "eye" effects look better than amaranthine/ooze/stare from beyond?

F2P Σίγμα

Am I the only one who thinks that Ominous stare, viridescent peeper and eyes of molten look way more spooky, sinister generally better than amaranthine, the ooze, and stare from beyond?

Also, will this year's Halloween effects seen a similar rise in value (especially the new pumpkin moon effect) like the old Halloween effects?

6 minutes ago, Trigger_ said:

Ominous stare, viridescent peeper and eyes of molten = Wet fart

amaranthine, the ooze, and stare from beyond = dry fart

i cried while reading this message

25 minutes ago, Vincentius said:

the new eye effects are just a chinese ripoff, shame that 0 effort effects that are just copies get added to the game

lack of effort is especially strong this year in the community ig

They do look good but Eyes of Molten is too red in my opinion (team coloured). I mentioned to the creator a while ago but nothing was done about it.

I mean most of the effects this year were rip-offs of old effects.

The 3 clouds are literally just the 2014 clouds but a little more detailed

The 3 floating ghosts are just the bat effects but with ghosts and little/no trail, their movements are very similar.

Pumpkin Moon is just yet another "moon behind a cloud" effect

etc

Yeah, the old eye clouds were alright, but I personally much prefer the new ones.

As for their value, well, don't count on them rising as drastically as the old-school effects. They aren't nearly as rare.

Specific hats might be able to fetch a pretty penny, though. I managed to get 300 pure for my (currently) 1 of 1 Eyes of Molten Nasty Norsemann.

The old fart clouds are just overhyped effects and purely an investment project at this point. 

However I do agree that most new effects are a bit lackluster when it comes to creativity, but Valve are the ones picking them so what can you do.

would be cool if one day all private inventories were set to public due to a glitch, then we could see how "rare" these old halloween effects truly are. as I can guarantee most of them are just left in a private inventory to make them seem rarer 

1 hour ago, purple person said:

would be cool if one day all private inventories were set to public due to a glitch, then we could see how "rare" these old halloween effects truly are. as I can guarantee most of them are just left in a private inventory to make them seem rarer 

its almost like there was a smaller fanbase and/or a smaller group of people unboxing back in the day, aswell with being forced to unbox regular crates so a far larger selection of hats making specific combo's really rare.

Saying that most are in private accounts for these old effects would just be silly, especially since no one knew they would go up in value this much.

4 hours ago, Vincentius said:

its almost like there was a smaller fanbase and/or a smaller group of people unboxing back in the day, aswell with being forced to unbox regular crates so a far larger selection of hats making specific combo's really rare.

Saying that most are in private accounts for these old effects would just be silly, especially since no one knew they would go up in value this much.

you're a funny person, acting like how rare those effects are makes sense. when TF2 back then was still averaging 40k+ players. 

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Potassium Bonnet/Tradable/Craftable/79

here's something to prove these unusuals are being moved or kept in private inventories. priced and everything, yet apparently it doesn't exist? hmm gee that sure makes sense, no you're totally correct, no one is hiding old unusuals in private inventories, totally not. you're an actual genius! 

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Das Hazmattenhatten/Tradable/Craftable/83

or this, how a new one magically pops into existence

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Pencil Pusher/Tradable/Craftable/81

then this. I mean there are just so many examples

38 minutes ago, purple person said:

hiding old unusuals in private inventories, totally not. you're an actual genius

'hiding'

maybe u should look up who DCG is

17 hours ago, F2P Σίγμα said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Ominous stare, viridescent peeper and eyes of molten look way more spooky, sinister generally better than amaranthine, the ooze, and stare from beyond?

Also, will this year's Halloween effects seen a similar rise in value (especially the new pumpkin moon effect) like the old Halloween effects?

no you're not the only one, lots of people don't like the eyes

even when it came out in the workshop people didn't like it that much

wow I can't read xD

20 hours ago, Trigger_ said:

Ominous stare, viridescent peeper and eyes of molten = Wet fart

amaranthine, the ooze, and stare from beyond = dry fart

Oh my goodness, how did you even come up with that? That is accurate and actually funny 💙
And, yes I can agree new eye effects look awesome, they remind me of Auditor from Madness Combat 
And I honestly think they might rise in price over time as well as pumpkin moon, but only on hats from cases that are not Crimson Cache #133

On 10/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, F2P Σίγμα said:

the prices are gonna definitely drop though due to the sheer amount that have been uboxed and due to them still being hyped up by people,its gonna probably end up like iridescene and frozen icefall

On 10/30/2021 at 5:22 AM, purple person said:

you're a funny person, acting like how rare those effects are makes sense. when TF2 back then was still averaging 40k+ players. 

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Potassium Bonnet/Tradable/Craftable/79

here's something to prove these unusuals are being moved or kept in private inventories. priced and everything, yet apparently it doesn't exist? hmm gee that sure makes sense, no you're totally correct, no one is hiding old unusuals in private inventories, totally not. you're an actual genius! 

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Das Hazmattenhatten/Tradable/Craftable/83

or this, how a new one magically pops into existence

https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Pencil Pusher/Tradable/Craftable/81

then this. I mean there are just so many examples

This is really interesting, this means that some people flexing their "1 of 1's" may be wrong, hmm.

I mean they look good but I LOVE my stare from beyond bone dome. I will say that I hate the arcana/spellbound and the demonflame/hellfire effects, they are worth so much but they are just recycled assets, and they don't even look that good. Bonzo, to a degree, also is but he's actually really cool. But I like basically all of the other halloween effects. (Except for 2020, those were ass.)

Archived