Should I invest in my Steaming Chrismas hat?

Partydonut214

I just bought a Hat off of the market, an all class Steaming Kiss King and I am wondering if I should sell it right now or hope to sell it for more on Christmas?

I would not wait because anything additional you could theoretically get by waiting probably wouldn't justify holding it for two months instead of trading with that capital. And that's if someone does actually pay more for it during december - considering there's the BMOC, Smissmas Saxton and at a similar pricepoint Shoestring Santa which are all a lot more appealing to those who want a christmas themed hat. 

11 hours ago, awsommv said:

thats not investing

So How would Investing in TF2 work? I am still quite new in the TF2 Unusual Market

1 hour ago, Partydonut214 said:

So How would Investing in TF2 work? I am still quite new in the TF2 Unusual Market

Buy lots of a case which is currently only worth a few cents, sell them in a few years when they're worth a dollar or more

Buy halloween unusuals and hold them for years until the effect is worth a lot more

Buy strange PDA/Kritzkrieg/Gunslinger etc and sell when they're worth a lot more

Items which will only be obtainable from the game for a limited time (limiting the supply) and have some desirability that means people will still want them in the in future. Over time more and more will be locked up in collector inventories, dead accounts, used (for usable items like cases) meaning the amount available shrinks while demand keeps the price going up.

Archived