Eerie Orbiting Fire Unusual Modest Metal Pile of Scrap

Replicant

Out of 8,277,046 inventories, there is only one known instance of this item (Eerie Orbiting Fire Unusual Modest Metal Pile of Scrap).

I own the only known instance of an Eerie Orbiting Fire Modest Metal Pile of Scrap. It also has the Halloween: Voices From Below spell.

I bought this hat for the equivalent of 77 keys almost 1 1/2 years ago.

I don't plan to sell this hat, and it seems unlikely that a new, second instance of this hat will suddenly become available.

I am curious about the strategy of traders offering less than half the value to buy an un-buyable item/hat.

Is this done just in case another item/hat magically appears? Or do these traders think I might become desperate enough to sell this item/hat for less than half of what I paid for it?

Ya they just put out a b/o that sound reasonable for them and just left it there (1 waiting almost a year)

11 minutes ago, Very Frank said:

Why are you sounding so condescending just because you paid too much for a piece of trash hat?

I agree

you actin like you own a spellbound antlers bro

they just leave their offers on the classified listings to see if people will quicksell them. if people are directly contacting you for your hat, i guess its pretty annoying

29 minutes ago, Very Frank said:

Why are you sounding so condescending just because you paid too much for a piece of trash hat?

Is it paying too much if they want it for keeps? Imo no.

Idk why y'all hating on op, he's just stating the facts to support the basis for his question. And to answer it, the first guy probably has a script that goes through all the old hween effects and makes overcutting listings for most of them, the 2nd guy who he's overcutting probably has gone through a bunch of items and placed orders at 45-55% and then forgets about those listings until someone actually sends an offer (as evident by the 1 year listing time). Same reason as making 3 cent buy orders on scm, I wouldn't expect anyone to list a key for 3 cents but it can happen, it'd be a big win if it happened, and it doesn't cost me anything to make the listing so why not.

If your willing to sell it lmk, im interested in offering (an actual offer above what you paid).

But back on topic its due to traders wanting to make a quick buck by going after items they see as easily flip-able for profit. 

Buyorders are exactly what it sounds like, they are automated buy listings for the said item usually at massive quicksell prices, and in the case of your hat has quite the awful buyorders. Never look at buyorders as an indication of value as they can easily mislead this.

Buyorders can be on everything just in the chance it will get dumped to them, so many buyorders exist on dead hats that its kinda funny, but in the odd chance they become active the buyorders are there. So dont take it as people expecting you will sell but more as a possibility they see happening even if its almost non existent.

Most TF2 Unusuals just don't move around frequently enough or have enough demand where paying anywhere near full price on a Buy Order would be worthwhile. For individual traders, maybe, but en masse? It'd be too expensive and take too long for the profit to be worth it.

Also yes, that is exactly what people are thinking. Most buy orders prey on desperate traders or people who just don't know any better, because any trader who knows what they're doing is generally aware of Buy Orders being lackluster deals at the best of times.

most unusual traders don't buy anything for keeps anymore, or will claim they want to then just list it for a few days every month with "lol just seeing what I get, this is ur only chance so offer away". So you're gonna just get mostly bad deals from people.

If you don't want to sell it, add a tag to it in your backpack stating "not for sale" and that usually helps against people adding you / offering you shit for it.  You'll still get the idiots that constantly scan premium search for 1 of 1's though.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, Slam said:

most unusual traders don't buy anything for keeps anymore, or will claim they want to then just list it for a few days every month with "lol just seeing what I get, this is ur only chance so offer away". So you're gonna just get mostly bad deals from people.

If you don't want to sell it, add a tag to it in your backpack stating "not for sale" and that usually helps against people adding you / offering you shit for it.  You'll still get the idiots that constantly scan premium search for 1 of 1's though.

Thanks, Slam. I added a tag as you suggested. I didn't know I could do that.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, Slam said:

I wish that worked, but I've gotten adds for things I have tagged as not for sale where they've offered below buy orders before.

14 hours ago, Cedarium said:

I wish that worked, but I've gotten adds for things I have tagged as not for sale where they've offered below buy orders before.

The real trick is to list a stupid high pure only price in the note and then block anyone who can't read.

5 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

The real trick is to list a stupid high pure only price in the note and then block anyone who can't read.

yeah but I don't want to sell so why bother listing a price? If they don't read changing the message won't help

On 10/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, FishtheFish said:

A strategy for traders offering lower than you like? Say no more, fam:

abbf5595672d6b481dac2fb2eb730b80.png.631858f577c5ed8cd5bbb4c04e1be8fa.png

I was wondering why there were buy orders for a one out of 8+ million backpacks item at approximately half the price I paid for it.

I would probably be able to figure out how to decline a trade.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:52 AM, Very Frank said:

Very Frank,

Perhaps I am "sounding so condescending" because of your [lack of] reading comprehension combined with your attitude/opinion.

Regarding my "piece of trash hat:"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Eerie Orbiting Fire is sorta old school, and I think it is a relatively unobtrusive Unusual effect. I like its (my "piece of trash hat") Voices From Below Halloween Spell, too.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:04 AM, Shotgun said:

Ya they just put out a b/o that sound reasonable for them and just left it there (1 waiting almost a year)

I agree

Me too.

Oh, wait...

This isn't AOL.

Never mind.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, Keks said:

you actin like you own a spellbound antlers bro

they just leave their offers on the classified listings to see if people will quicksell them. if people are directly contacting you for your hat, i guess its pretty annoying

I actin like I own the hat for which I posted the question, "bro."

I don't know what "quicksell" means. People aren't directly contacting me for my hat.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:24 AM, nubs said:

77 keys!? interesting financial choice

I'll offer 37 for it, no more

It's not for sale. I don't care what you will/would offer for it.

I don't care about your opinion regarding my "financial choice."

I purchased the Eerie Orbiting Fire Modest Metal Pile of Scrap (with the Voices from Below Halloween Spell) because I like it, I can afford it, and I want(ed) it. It wasn't a "financial choice." It was more like pocket change.

I'm not a trader/whatever, so I don't care about your offer.

Archived