How do I apply to be a moderator?

5lap

Hello everyone, I recently found out that there is "Moderation" on the website / forum.
I would like to know what they do, and how to apply for moderator. 
Thanks

There are three different roles of mods; report mods (handle the reports on the site), price mods (handle the price suggestions) and community mod (moderate the forums and the discord)

You can apply in the forums, theres a whole section for mod applications

I hope that you aren't thinking in applying, you dont even know how to apply and this is your first post on the forums lmao

Just now, 5lap said:

Hello everyone, I recently found out that there is "Moderation" on the website / forum.
I would like to know what they do, and how to apply for moderator. 
Thanks

To apply, you will need to read the guide below first. It contains most of the necessary information in order to make a decent application.

What that being said, your application will depend on what you prefer doing considering that there are multiple types of moderators for backpack.tf, each having their own specialty (Price, Report, Community). What they do is pretty self-explanatory.

Could always use new price and report moderators, since most of the current ones seem paid off not to do anything. Just look at all the reports on "high tier" traders being ignored for months, or price suggestions for items like the Catastrophic Companions not being looked at.

I think you could fit in great on the report team! schedule includes not logging into reports (ever). Can you start monday?

57 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

I think you could fit in great on the report team! schedule includes not logging into reports (ever). Can you start monday?

case in point

Screenshot_237.png

Screenshot_238.png

5 hours ago, Magnetic said:

You should be a community moderator for the discord server so you have access to #staff-furry-rp

Can confirm. That channel is fantastic.

6 hours ago, Magnetic said:

You should be a community moderator for the discord server so you have access to #staff-furry-rp

absolutely cursed

Let the guy apply, none of us know him. Worst case scenario for him is a no, and a maximum 5 minutes of a moderators time.
If it is anything this website needs it is administrators.
Good on him for at least trying and being engaged in stuff like this, its literally free work.
Also seems like his intentions is pure from all I can see. 

Archived