Fake -rep

Synclap

I was on Skial server US, I spotted a guy called Lefty Hand Cream, who had lot's of unusuals owned by marked scammers from backpack.tf, All the owners were linked to the same one guy and his name is Juvia. I smelled something fishy and I looked into this and I gathered some information about him and he has been pressuring people into trading off their precious items as well as deceiving as the items are not worth what they are and that his items are better. This was on the same server so I figured I should -rep him and put a warning out that people should know about this and they should be cautious about him, He was been using multiple steam profiles and trading on them, everyone should be safe from him. This was the first time someone had called him out on the Skial server, so he took this as a vendetta and started to -rep me and before he did that he told me he will -rep me from multiple steam accounts no matter how much they get removed, I also have a clip of him saying this on the mic.

When this started, I did not think this was a issue as I am in the right and he is wrong, I assumed the community would respond in kind and it would not effect my trading because his -rep's are not valid at all, even the names of the accounts show that they're alts of each other and I thought the -rep's would eventually go away as they're completely false, and it would not effect my trading, Although turns out that after a few hours the first -rep was nothing, now that they have built up no one wants to trade with me and it's not even my fault. 

From what I am hearing this guy uses multiple accounts and keeps coming back on different accounts and continues scamming and is never banned from UGC and Skial servers. This guy always preaches about god before trading and it's honestly creepy how he goes around asking people to preach with him on trade servers then goes ahead to scam people. If anyone finds this guy on any server please be careful and take extra caution when dealing with him. As a community we need to find a way to deal with this guy and fix this problem, it turns out it's not just me getting -rep spam, I just found this person randomly and who knows how many others have had to deal with this and go through this,

https://imgur.com/a/YsnUmMK

https://imgur.com/a/0j5Niip

So far I have only found this other guy who has had the same issue, if anyone else is having the same issue please speak up we need to figure a way to prevent this, This is becoming a serious issue and when it comes down to lowtier trading it's super difficult to trade as people judge you off you rep before they can realise that it's all false.

If anyone already has a solution for this please inform me I will highly appreciate it!

Instead of giving them -rep and receiving a lot of toxic reps back, made reports on the alts used by the user to sell his Unus in classies.

I doubt this will prevent him to list in classies as he prolly has a ton of alts but still...

That's kinda witch hunting but he deserves it

Edit : well, just got a 3x -rep from his alts for this 😆 . Edit 2 : -4 now...

image.thumb.png.b82b96abd24a1aa9ebd29c129bc34e72.png

3 hours ago, ApothicЯ said:

Instead of giving them -rep and receiving a lot of toxic reps back, made reports on the alts used by the user to sell his Unus in classies.

I doubt this will prevent him to list in classies as he prolly has a ton of alts but still...

Edit : well, just got a 3x -rep from his alts for this 😆

It really sucks to have -rep that you didn't deserve just because you expose a toxic trader 

Lol. I saw him while I was doing a scrap to unusual challenge on either a Skial or Minecraft trade server. He was telling people to buy keys on backpack forums with cash for $1.62 USD instead of buying them on SCM (if anyone would buy keys on SCM with cash anyway in this day and age) and sell them on SCM and then use the money for unboxing. 🤣 He said that it was a secret he would benefit from hiding (even though it's essentially something that everyone has reiterated, to buy keys on platforms other than SCM with real cash to maximize value) and that he was a "high tier trader who was actually giving his secrets away unlike all the other high tier traders who will never tell you how they make profit" even though his method just boiled down to gambling but "bro i get 40 free cents every time i sell a key on SCM how can u not understand bro". I think I recorded the vod somewhere it's pretty funny

So true now. Looks like yet another high tier cock sucker who cares about his fragile ego and couldn't be bothered to get an education or a job to make a sustainable income and does this braindead preschool behavior for fun. Only those who act and trade like him can thrive in his perfect little world. Believe me I've had plenty of these guys riding on the tip of my reputation profile with -reps based on offers, comments made on severs, or even irrelevant shit that doesn't have to do with trust or trading. Why would he make multiple posts with the same three alt accounts on other people's trust pages?  What does he think people aren't going to notice? Is he purposely wanting to get banned? Well he fucked himself. Reputation doesn't always mean somebody knows what they're talking about. You can take a look at a good example of someone building up rep just to take advantage of everyone else and run in the end https://backpack.tf/trust/76561198208062409?page=1& Not saying people with rep aren't trustworthy but they are human beings and can change their minds with a flick of a switch. I can't believe I'm saying this but moderation/admin team does do a pretty good job at taking care of falsified posts and spawns of trash like this guy. Those should be taken down pretty quickly, avoid trading toddlers like this. 

3 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

I've seen this guy before. Very racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. Very unpleasant fellow.
Here's a demo recording of how he normally behaves if you care - https://www.mediafire.com/file/r5coy2cmfiicohl/error1.dem/file

I'd listen to that, but it'd probably make me feel awful.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised a manipulative scammer/sharker is also a massive bigot, but it's still sad to see.

I'm curious though, is sharking a markable offence on Steamrep?

41 minutes ago, MailDaemon said:

I'm curious though, is sharking a markable offence on Steamrep?

Nope. You could shark a freshly unboxed Scorching Team Captain for 10 keys and steamrep will do nothing.

13 hours ago, ApothicЯ said:

Edit : well, just got a 3x -rep from his alts for this 😆 . Edit 2 : -4 now...

LMAO his so mad, his doing it to everyone..

The original account for this guy is oglink he's been around for a while and got steam rep marked as a scammer for scamming via PayPal, and yea he does shark alot, and force people to do trades so don't trade him

15 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Nope. You could shark a freshly unboxed Scorching Team Captain for 10 keys and steamrep will do nothing.

That's really saddening... it's clear manipulation, people should at least be warned about sharks if they aren't going to be marked. I guess that's what these forums are for, though

Maybe a dumb question, but does Backpack prohibit it? Do they suspend sharkers?

7 hours ago, MailDaemon said:

Maybe a dumb question, but does Backpack prohibit it? Do they suspend sharkers?

Not entirely sure, their stance on sharking has changed more than once.

23 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Not entirely sure, their stance on sharking has changed more than once.

I see, I'll do some digging as I'm curious/concerned about it.

I know some people blame the victims, which to me is pretty awful. I've also seen some people try to legitimize sharking, which... gross.

I hope bp.tf is different

Thanks for the help :)

21 hours ago, Synclap said:

I got all of them removed now his going rouge lol

Great, glad you successfully reported his alts

What do you mean by 'going rogue', though?

I meant he is going crazy, he is mass reporting lot's of people & now his got me in a stupid situation, I believe this is his friend, if someone can help me get this removed off my profile it'd be appreciated. I have no idea what this "Milk Tea" is going on about and there is no proof of me being involved in this situation. Help is appreciated!!

https://backpack.tf/issue/6165e69ad5fb75028a75cf1e

https://imgur.com/a/3hI1aCH

@Synclap

I would say you need more proof.

I personally wouldn't say that your evidence are convincing but on the other hand, neither are theirs. 
The two other people doesn't prove that is happening to them as well either. There are so many things that are missing here that I don't think you are convincing enough.
If you are wondering what else I would look then I would want the video where he said the threat of -rep. idk why you would mention it and not post it.
About getting him banned on the trading servers. With the evidence you have, he isn't going to get banned
And to make it clear, I am not saying he is right or wrong here. Just stating that it is lacking evidence.

Lets get to the report they have on you. I can't say that you are that alt but I can't say you aren't either. How the guy knew that was your alt was weird since you can't really know since the names are different.
The other guy that started commenting on there made it even more sus. Why is he trying to get you banned? You did nothing to him because if you did, he would have claimed you did. He did he would provide evidence but never mentioned what type and what it is for.
Which makes me more to side with you and say that the report is false, but that doesn't mean it can't be true. 

As for your trading. You can always tell the traders about your post aka this post. Maybe more people will believe you if you do, maybe they won't who knows. You can always contact a mod about a false -rep and just report it

I hope this helps and I hope you understand how both sides might potentially be true

Archived