Pumpkin Moon Hat Outta Hell Price?

funkdoc09

2 hours ago, funkdoc09 said:

Managed to uncrate, will the effect stay valuable, or do you think it will drop? How much do you think this goes for?

SCM sales at $350 and $400 today

If you can steam market it, I would

A few days ago I bought one of these on the SCM and paid $271.  I sold it within 30 minutes and received $398 (so somebody paid over $400 for it factoring in fees).  I probably could have got more, but my logic is it is a mercenary grade hat with the most common effect in the crate, so many more will be unboxed in the coming months.  The combo will always be unboxable, so best case scenario it's like a frozen icefall bumblebeenie in terms of nice effect on blue hat that is always unboxable.  I recommend selling now while hype is high before the market gets flooded.  Hope this helps.

Good looking hat with the best effect from the new cases. Don't listen to the others, no need to panic sell. The effect will stay valuable since it looks so good, and many traders are desperate to get their hands on one. Do not listen to those trying to gaslight you out of your unusual :P

1 hour ago, purple person said:

Good looking hat with the best effect from the new cases. Don't listen to the others, no need to panic sell. The effect will stay valuable since it looks so good, and many traders are desperate to get their hands on one. Do not listen to those trying to gaslight you out of your unusual :P

The problem with this hat+effect is it will still be unboxable after the event ends. If it was on a different case's hat then you would be correct but the supply of this hat will likely increase over time with probably a lack of demand to match it = price decrease.

2 hours ago, purple person said:

Please do not gaslight the OP into losing profit 🤧

amazing effect, unfortunately the effect is uncrated a lot,  40 units already exist and we are only the 13th of October  🤪  I would advise to sell it now while the hype is real

It will drop. It's important to remember that as good as the effect is, it has a x3 drop rate compared to almost every other effect in the pool (and why it's listed 3 times in the pool of effects). Another halloween effect, fifth dimension, was a great example of why even a desirable effect can tank hard once the hype wears off if it's unboxed in droves. There are already 5 sellers with tradable ones for the specific hat you mentioned, so it's recommended to sell sooner rather than later.

11 hours ago, Xaeriel said:

Please do not gaslight the OP into losing profit 🤧

This but unironically

I had like 10 high-tier traders approach me for my old Pumpkin Moon. Pretending that it's not an effect in high demand, is kind of dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

59 minutes ago, purple person said:

This but unironically

I had like 10 high-tier traders approach me for my old Pumpkin Moon. Pretending that it's not an effect in high demand, is kind of dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're literally in the hype period

The truth is that quality halloween effects have always had a "smile" price trend: super high early, dipping down to a bit below established effects before settling gradually into their real price once people figure out how to make them pop in a loadout. Recent market manipulations means that the price dip might not happen until a market crash.
Considering this is the lowest tier of the all-classes, I'd say 150 is a fair sale price for now. 

22 hours ago, purple person said:

This but unironically

I also have my doubts it's as common as some other posts claim. Where's the proof?

1 hour ago, Fang said:

I also have my doubts it's as common as some other posts claim. Where's the proof?

https://backpack.tf/unusual/Hat Outta Hell

https://backpack.tf/unusual/Beanie The All-Gnawing

https://backpack.tf/unusual/Twisted Topper

https://backpack.tf/unusual/Second-head Headwear

All of which have Pumpkin Moon as the most common effect by a good margin

Archived