I am so stupid I got scammed by worst scammed in history

Kartvellian

Hello i'm a begginer here so forgive me if I have wrong tag selected. Few weeks ago I got contacted by this guy named Claynesex, Telling my that he noticed I play alot of tf2 and he has a deal for me. He said that he is an administrator of a tf2 gambling website  and there are not alot of people using it so in exchange for me to put the website in my bio he could let me win the roulette and give me alot of items, So I foolishly got happy and betted everything I had (Even my australium blackbox) and I actually won, so after trying to withdraw my items from the website it said that "New players should win at least twice to withdraw items" But I did not have anything left because that guy told me that I had to put at least 10% of the bet in the roulette but whenever I added something other "Users"(Probobly bots) added more and more forcing me to add more and leaving me with nothing. Anyways I bet everything site allowed me to and my percentage was 9.6% but that guy told me it was ok. So anyways second time I had to buy some keys from mannco.store  and ended up spending over 100$ on keys and won second time aswell, but when I tried to withdraw It still said same thing and did not allow me to, I tried texting website costumer support but email was fake, Now the guy is telling me that I have to win 2 times with 10% minimum to  withdraw, anyways my dumbness ran out and I am not falling for it again so if any of you got any tips please share with me and if someone tells you such thing it's a scam

52 minutes ago, Kartvellian said:

if any of you got any tips please share with me

Always background check profiles and be careful with websites you have never heard of before (especially those that look like tf2[dictionary word].com), since they are almost always scam websites.

With that being said, I recommend checking the WHOIS of websites. TF2 scam domain names are typically less than a month old.

Here's a place you can check that won't cost you anything: https://whois.domaintools.com/

Screenshot for your information and others:

Yj4VZzq.png

To add to this, here's a list of all scam domain names attached to the email address listed above. All this information is publicly available: http://u.pc.cd/tfOctalK

I know you feel shitty and blame yourself but just chill and rest a bit. I'm sorry to hear that by the way be positive about it for example if you didn't get scammed now you may be got scammed 2 years later when you have more expensive items

I like how you still link the scam/phish site on your steam profile. Like I understand is to deter people from using it, but the way psychology works makes people click it regardless.

also as much as I dont want to rub salt in the wound, this scam is really one of the most common scams and the fact they need you to access a site is enough to tell you to back out. So yea, make sure to know the different scam methods. 

Looking at your profile, I really see nothing huge missing (or maybe I am blind since I am on mobile), but there are many instances that people got hijacked and lost thousands of dollars worth of items. So if you think you got it bad? Take a look at them.

just be thankful you got scammed early, so you learn your mistakes early and learn to avoid it next time

On 10/3/2021 at 3:02 AM, Xaeriel said:

You should remove the scam website's link from your Steam profile because you risk making people visit it

I put it's name in my bio and added that it's a scam website to raise awareness

19 hours ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

I like how you still link the scam/phish site on your steam profile. Like I understand is to deter people from using it, but the way psychology works makes people click it regardless.

also as much as I dont want to rub salt in the wound, this scam is really one of the most common scams and the fact they need you to access a site is enough to tell you to back out. So yea, make sure to know the different scam methods. 

Looking at your profile, I really see nothing huge missing (or maybe I am blind since I am on mobile), but there are many instances that people got hijacked and lost thousands of dollars worth of items. So if you think you got it bad? Take a look at them.

just be thankful you got scammed early, so you learn your mistakes early and learn to avoid it next time

Yeah I play MvM alot and got Australium black box on tour 4 but got alot of high price kill streak fabricators on the way, I was using keys to buy tickets and get more keys.

19 hours ago, Strife Hale said:

I seriously don't mind reporting your steam account for using phishing links on your profile. 

What?

On 10/3/2021 at 3:03 AM, Ali Salar said:

I know you feel shitty and blame yourself but just chill and rest a bit. I'm sorry to hear that by the way be positive about it for example if you didn't get scammed now you may be got scammed 2 years later when you have more expensive items

Yeah I guess thanks for positive comment

30 minutes ago, Kartvellian said:

I put it's name in my bio and added that it's a scam website to raise awareness

No need such things. It is a known and common scamming method but you adding those phishing links is like sending noobs there again to get scammed like you.

19 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

he seems like a toxic kid, better off ignoring

You have no idea what he had on his steam profile bio and you joined this post later to not even read what is going on. Oh please, don't just call everyone kid as you see, you better off not knowing that some are too old for you.

12 hours ago, Strife Hale said:

No need such things. It is a known and common scamming method but you adding those phishing links is like sending noobs there again to get scammed like you.

You have no idea what he had on his steam profile bio and you joined this post later to not even read what is going on. Oh please, don't just call everyone kid as you see, you better off not knowing that some are too old for you.

It's not phishing but ok, by the way could have been nice like other people and explained it to me nicely without threats.

your not the first or the last to fall for this recently my alt account (the account with all my unusuals taunts etc) got the same scam attempt made from someone living in ru the website was 1 month old exactly.

i suggest a guide i created along time ago but it should keep you in the clear for all current known scam types

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1882306351

the rule of thumb i go by if someone randomly added me on steam and i don’t personally know them i take anything they say as a pinch of salt ie if they say ‘can u use this website <scam site> because backpack.tf is outdated’ or ‘your item is dupped’ they are a scammer and get an immediate -trusts and reported so i suggest if anyone adds u see if they have any -trusts and/or any active backpack.tf reports

also if you read the suspicious sites FAQ i Guarantee you can’t actually read it because they use a font/background image which makes reading almost impossible this is done so that the user adding you can say anything and you would not notice

for example a scam site i was given 48 hours ago you can’t read the faq but if you read closely it states they take 0-8% fee on your winnings and your required to win twice if not 3 times before you can withdraw and you can only bet with 10 tickets or more and each 1 ticket is 0.01 of the item they DEEM acceptable   

On 10/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, Cedarium said:

I removed the link from your post: please don't post the links of the scam sites.

Ok sorry

16 hours ago, Madison said:

also if you read the suspicious sites FAQ i Guarantee you can’t actually read it because they use a font/background image which makes reading almost impossible this is done so that the user adding you can say anything and you would not notice

for example a scam site i was given 48 hours ago you can’t read the faq but if you read closely it states they take 0-8% fee on your winnings and your required to win twice if not 3 times before you can withdraw and you can only bet with 10 tickets or more and each 1 ticket is 0.01 of the item they DEEM acceptable   

Thanks for feedback

Archived