Recently started trading and noticed I had a chemistry set.

Jan de man

Hi all,

So I got all the ingredients by trading metal (all were cheap weapons, except for the strange one) and the cosmetic item to use the resulting strangifier with: a "Villain's Veil".

Goal: to sell the item for a high price.

Questions:

- Is it a good or a bad idea to process the item even more? Like paint or other properties, name, ...

- If so, should I process it before or after using the strangifier?

- Where should I sell it: on the Steam Marketplace or on sites like this one?

- What price should I try to sell it for?

- Any other advice for me?

Many thanks in advance. Don't hesitate to ask me to provide more info.

Unlike collector's kits, there is no downside to completing the kit. Where the value becomes lost is if the kit then gets applied to a Veil itself, so don't apply it unless you've got an unusual veil tucked away somewhere.

As for value, you'd be looking at around 10-12 keys.

You also have to be aware that many of the more common chem kits are not worth completing so always check how much it costs to craft vs how much you can sell for.

I'd argue there was a small amount of extra value in keeping the set with 1 unique item input left over a strangifier, in that whoever crafts it can use an untradeable item to lock their veil in their account forever. Food for thought and probs not worth it for the amount of time it would take for an oddball who wanted to do that to come around and buy it.

(I only started when I noticed the strange veil cosmetic item goes for 9-10 keys.)

I applied all items except the strange back scratcher (which I also own now). I did also buy a Villain's Vail itself since I didn't think about the possibility of selling the strangifier.

If I understand you correctly, the latter is the way to go?

15-17 keys is quite a bit more than the 10-12 which the other poster suggested.

What do you mean with "or more if you feel like holding onto it"?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Jan de man said:

(I only started when I noticed the strange veil cosmetic item goes for 9-10 keys.)

I applied all items except the strange back scratcher (which I also own now). I did also buy a Villain's Vail itself since I didn't think about the possibility of selling the strangifier.

If I understand you correctly, the latter is the way to go?

15-17 keys is quite a bit more than the 10-12 which the other poster suggested.

What do you mean with "or more if you feel like holding onto it"?

Thanks!

Applying strangifiers/kits/whatever is almost always not worth it. I assume 10-12 comes from the sellers on scm, but you can probably get more if you sit on it and list on bp.

that strangifier can be applied to unusual villains veil so if u don't mind holding on to it for lets say 1/2 or maybe even 3 months at 17-20 keys, there will be someone bound to buy it.

or if u want to really REALLY get the most out of it? - wait 4 more years and sell it for 100 keys or something...

Archived