Spell trading help

Sandwich

I've been trading for about a month now and have worked my way up to 4 keys now. But my usual way of trading on scrap.tf has little profit margins and gets super boring after a while. So I did some research and found that in my price range the 2 things that interest me the most and have the best chance of having great profit margins are unusual taunts and spells. From what I've heard, taunts have become extremely hard to sell since the taunt unusualifier thing happened. So spells seem to be the only interesting option for me at this point. The only problem being that spells are not only not well known in the casual player base (which doesn't really matter anyways) but they're also really hard to trade with from what I've heard since sites like backpack.tf don't officially support spell trading. So I'm on a mission to collect as much info as possible about spells since not only am I super scared of taking losses, but I want to have a solid foundation so I can start trading higher tier stuff without being absolutely clueless. Sure YouTube has helped a bit but I really want to hear the community answer some of my questions.

So here they are:

Spells vs unusual taunts in terms of selling potential?

How much is a good amount of keys to start spell trading (I have 4)?

How big are profit margins?

How hard is spell trading?

Does it take an absurd amount of time to sell spelled items?

Does anyone actually care if an items is spelled because of the holiday restriction?

What spells sell the easiest with breaking the bank?

Spells dont add

Recently bp has added more spell functionality so theres that. Also dont even consider trading low tier taunts. 4k isnt a lot but its doable I guess

1 hour ago, Sandwich said:

Spells vs unusual taunts in terms of selling potential?

How much is a good amount of keys to start spell trading (I have 4)?

How big are profit margins?

How hard is spell trading?

Does it take an absurd amount of time to sell spelled items?

Does anyone actually care if an items is spelled because of the holiday restriction?

What spells sell the easiest with breaking the bank?

1. Spells are more likely to sell than unusual taunts imo, people gave taunts a bad rap when they fell significantly a few years ago and since then every small brained trader avoids them like the plague.

2. you could possibly snag a VFB spelled item or possibly a low end paint spell with 4 keys though ideally I would recommend 10 before going into spell trading as to avoid the "shit" tier ones that nobody really wants.

3. Profit margins can sometimes be large, it mainly depends on how long you're willing to wait, how many of that type of spelled item exist/are on the market, and if it's actually something desirable.

4. Spell trading is only as difficult as the items you have, beyond people just trying to shark you. Have some shit tier spelled items that nobody wants? it will be an absolute pain. Have a double-spelled misc with both spells matching and you'll have no problem finding offers.

5. basically the same answer as #4

6. Most community servers have halloween mode enabled by default, coincidentally this is where you will find most traders/flaunters so no most people do not care that they are restricted to halloween.

7.  IMO body cosmetics are usually what can net you the largest returns the fastest as those with unusual hats will also possibly be looking for spelled body cosmetics. The same cannot be said for spelled Hats & Hair cosmetics as those with unusuals well, have unusual hats to wear instead lol.

Hopefully this helps!

Well you are a little late to acquire spelled items at fair prices, but on the other hand it is almost prime sale time.

I have been stocking up on some spelled items, and when the Halloween event goes live, then it is time to get paid.

Archived