Does anyone use this site to price their unusuals?

DiamondHavoc.

i actually do,but you should always research a bit before buying/selling your unusual to see what offers the unusual hat have gotten and to check if the price is outdated or not ;)

I was wondering because my DBD Panama was priced today but I think its wrong. There have been many offers in the 4+ region but it was priced at 3.2. Unfortunately it can't be priced on offers.

I was wondering because my DBD Panama was priced today but I think its wrong. There have been many offers in the 4+ region but it was priced at 3.2. Unfortunately it can't be priced on offers.

Clearly those offers either weren't worth 4, or they were all retracted. I'm sure there was a very good reason why it was accepted at 3.2. 

Current prices are pretty accurate, as prices get older they often lose accuracy. BUT, what the prices don't tell you is how long it took to sell for that and what the market is like right now. So, no, i don't really use the sites prices. I price out any offers the same way the site does, but I do it myself in-real time so I can 1) see the market and how it'll actually sell, 2) to see if the listed price is still accurate. 

P.s. does the fact that you haven't sold it in over 2 months not tell you 4 is clearly high. Not to mention you don't have a single offer at 4 anyway.

and if the offers were around 4+ you should make a new price suggestion on it.

Offered things like CM gym rat (4.5) and other stuff.

"and other stuff" 

Not to mention a cloudy gym is not 4.5, a cloudy gym isn't even going to sell for more than 3.5 unless you're extremely lucky. 

I don't use bp.tf to price unusuals.  It says My Beams Mining Light is only 3-4ish (Don't mind that the prices is TWO F!@#$%^ YEARS OLD)  Even with that people still qoute the Bible syaing my hat is only worth this much, even though the last few sold between 5-7 buds.

`Why do you think its wrong? I made the suggestion and showed you 2 valid sales at 3.1-3.2

I don't use bp.tf to price unusuals.  It says My Beams Mining Light is only 3-4ish (Don't mind that the prices is TWO F!@#$%^ YEARS OLD)  Even with that people still qoute the Bible syaing my hat is only worth this much, even though the last few sold between 5-7 buds.

Make a suggestion then. If there are actual sales then it should be updated. 

Because ,Erik, I've had a lot of experience with this hat. I know how this one goes over everything. And you said the tree was 3.2 when its 3.2-3.9 so...

I'll do some more research tomorrow . Try get it in a higher range. Yes, I'm doing it as I'm disappointed with the price but there's nothing wrong with that. Thanks for finally getting a price though Erik, I appreciate it.

Only on recently priced unusuals (<1 month)

Oudated robo/summer effects = hell to the no to the hell

Only on recently priced unusuals (<1 month)

Oudated robo/summer effects = hell to the no to the hell

You follow bptf prices for recently priced new effects? Really? 

I do my own research, but when i'm too lazy I just go with bp.tf price and divide it by 2-4 depending on the age of the suggestion, 2 if its new, 4 if its old. 

You follow bptf prices for recently priced new effects? Really? 

I do my own research, but when i'm too lazy I just go with bp.tf price and divide it by 2-4 depending on the age of the suggestion, 2 if its new, 4 if its old. 

No, if someone is offering a new effect I just tell the person to overpay by 200%

No matter what anyone says, my experience has always been the same:

If they like what backpack.tf prices their unusuals at, then they happily quote it. ("I agree, so you must be right!")

If they don't like what backpack.tf prices their unusuals at, then they "don't use backpack.tf". ("I don't agree, so you must be wrong.")

Especially amusing are the Outpost trades where someone puts their hat up, quoting its BP price, and then swears at other people for using BP pricing for their own hats when they offer. (I've seen this an unfortunately large number of times)

No matter what anyone says, my experience has always been the same:

If they like what backpack.tf prices their unusuals at, then they happily quote it. ("I agree, so you must be right!")

If they don't like what backpack.tf prices their unusuals at, then they "don't use backpack.tf". ("I don't agree, so you must be wrong.")

Especially amusing are the Outpost trades where someone puts their hat up, quoting its BP price, and then swears at other people for using BP pricing for their own hats when they offer. (I've seen this an unfortunately large number of times)

So much this.

Ironically some genius ( http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18276691 ) calls bptf shit yet bptf values his unusual higher. 

I use a combination of this website, previous sale research, current sale offers (and b/os) and common sense.

I don't ever set a B/O as a backpack.tf price and claim it to be the exact price. I found the 40 - 45 bud Disco Team Captain to be dubious as a price as most offers that had been accepted were other new hats/effects and were possibly inaccurate or unstable in themselves.

That's just an example though.

I use this site mainly to provide quick links for the proper research (outpost search and histories) and see the old trades reference by the suggestions. I've found that for cancer tier hats (<1 bud) the site has fairly accurate prices to what it will sell for in a reasonable amount of time. On more pricey hats the valuations can be both high or low with their accuracy decreasing with time.

Archived