About hats with outdated price that do not have recent sales

Vampe777

Mainly interested in this because of my hat, but want to know this in total too ...  I have a 1/1 god tier unusual hat and I bought it almost a year ago, and its price haven't updated for 4 years, but I didn't care about it at first. Then, 7 months ago, I tried to update it using my trade, but it was declined because "Given your sale was already outdated by a week when you made the first suggestion + there was a lower sale not long before your purchase, this suggestion will unfortunately need to be closed." But this looks ridiculously to me - how is updating price from 80 keys to 200 when other all-class hats with bat effects was at 300 can be not right ? Anyway, now they cost more ( starting with 400 keys ) and my hat even have buy order for 198 keys backpack.tf... So I want to know if it makes sense to make new suggestion using this information and my old trade, considering that now it outdated 7 months more but I hope that everyone will understand rationally that this price is much more accurate then price that was set 4 years ago... And I also want to ask why there are so many same cases with god tier hats and different miscs that have 3-5 years outdated prices and their buy orders exceed the "price" by 3-4 times ? Am I the only one who think that this stupid ? I just don't understand - is it something wrong with me or with site ...

image.png.ba52b71e477e6ad6bb9864a95b3ae29c.png

Short answer:

No, your sale is now far outdated and we don't suggest unusuals based off buy orders

Long answer:

Shuffle was pretty crystal in why your suggestion waas denied, the sale you tried to use was already out of date when you resuggested after initially suggesting with a wrong value. And also, the lower sale at 150 a month prior to your purchase would have suggested 150 - 197 probably would have been accepted if the suggestion had been done properly from the beginning and all sales had been check properly.

That's just how the rules work, if you are really super hung up on your backpack value, buy some pina polished war paints lmao

Truth is most people buying these sorts of hats will know that the latest price suggestion is going to be irrelevant more often than not.

If buy orders are 2x higher than the suggestion, anyone who thinks it should still sell for the suggested price is a goon.

2 hours ago, Vampe777 said:

Mainly interested in this because of my hat, but want to know this in total too ...  I have a 1/1 god tier unusual hat and I bought it almost a year ago, and its price haven't updated for 4 years, but I didn't care about it at first. Then, 7 months ago, I tried to update it using my trade, but it was declined because "Given your sale was already outdated by a week when you made the first suggestion + there was a lower sale not long before your purchase, this suggestion will unfortunately need to be closed." But this looks ridiculously to me - how is updating price from 80 keys to 200 when other all-class hats with bat effects was at 300 can be not right ? Anyway, now they cost more ( starting with 400 keys ) and my hat even have buy order for 198 keys backpack.tf... So I want to know if it makes sense to make new suggestion using this information and my old trade, considering that now it outdated 7 months more but I hope that everyone will understand rationally that this price is much more accurate then price that was set 4 years ago... And I also want to ask why there are so many same cases with god tier hats and different miscs that have 3-5 years outdated prices and their buy orders exceed the "price" by 3-4 times ? Am I the only one who think that this stupid ? I just don't understand - is it something wrong with me or with site ...

I have received a number of messages from high tier traders who will now choose to avoid you since you don't understand basic trade concepts. I can't help you. Goodbye.

Archived