Need some help!

El Sumbruro

Hey, this is my first time on bptf forums so forgive me if I'm doing a lot of stuff wrong like if I'm in the wrong forum or something. 

So, Yesterday I made a trade with someone I met on firepowered. We agreed that I would pay 17 Keys and 35 ref for a hat he had. I miscounted and accidently added 21 Keys and 35 ref. I didn't notice because I thought I counted them right. When I noticed like an hour after I immediately added him and left a comment on why I added him. About 15 hours later I think I checked to see if he got back online. He was and my comment was gone. I think he had blocked me because it gave me an error everytime. I thought well s*ht I guess I lost profit. I then saw him on Vatican and tried to trade him for which he ignored and left the server. He also privated his account. I told my buddy about it and said I should -rep him on bptf. Can I do that? Or am I in the wrong for miscounting? Thanks for everything in advance.

P.S I have since sold the unusual

i suppose if you got proof of both agreeing for 17k 35r, put that and the ss of trade that did happen and ss of error you get showing he blocked you and yeah -rep on bp.tf, it is not a trust worthy behaviour in my opinion. tho i dont think he'll get banned for it, since he didnt make you put the wrong amount although, not saying that you did can be counted as sharking. eh, either way -rep if you got the proof^^

1 hour ago, Pikachu Soldier! ⚡ said:

i suppose if you got proof of both agreeing for 17k 35r, put that and the ss of trade that did happen and ss of error you get showing he blocked you and yeah -rep on bp.tf, it is not a trust worthy behaviour in my opinion. tho i dont think he'll get banned for it, since he didnt make you put the wrong amount although, not saying that you did can be counted as sharking. eh, either way -rep if you got the proof^^

Welp I didn't get any proof. I did get one of my friends who had him added to send a message before he blocked me. We found out he blocked the both of us. I don't have any proof so ig I won't leave a -rep jt sucks that I lost profit though :[

yeah i wont sugarcoat this one ill be clear and consice so basically this is your fault for not being able to peform simple mathematics smh how does one count 17 as 21? what goes through your brain 😭

50 minutes ago, Scidja said:

yeah i wont sugarcoat this one ill be clear and consice so basically this is your fault for not being able to peform simple mathematics smh how does one count 17 as 21? what goes through your brain 😭

No need to be mean. Was an honest mistake on my side I thought that in the trade I added 17 but I put an extra row of Keys in it without realizing so it should of been 4x4 but I put 4x5 as a mistake. It's whatever the was just wondering if a -rep would be applicable

56 minutes ago, Scidja said:

Don't be weird

1 hour ago, Scidja said:

L

51 minutes ago, Trigger_ said:

That dude that got the extra keys acting like he made it big or something lmao

Yea xd he changed his name like 4 times too

Well sorry for the guys above that are not really helping (c'mon he's asking for help, and all you find is to make fun of him... Shame)

I admit it can be confusing sometimes to see the row of keys being 3 on mobile, 4 on desktop, 5-6 in trade offers. Mistakes happen...

If the trade occurred less than 2 weeks ago, you could find again the chat history there : https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog

When taking the screenshot of the agreement, be sure highlighting the profile of the trader by passing your cursor on his name (this will prove that's the right profile, changing names and making it private won't change anything to it). Then take a screenshot of your trade (also showing the URL by passing the cursor on the profile picture, and also a screenshot of the full description of the item involved in the trade). 

You could add your friend's chat log.

It could make a solid -rep (the guy might give you back the keys to see it removed)

if you asking if reporting him on BP and -trust'ing him can help. No, even if you do, it will be seen as an invalid, as you were the one who sent the keys to the person. If anything, you are the one responsible for making the trade and making sure everything is in order. Will this guy be off scot-free? Well yes, what he did is morally questionable (or even wrong at some sense), but is not an action that will lead to him getting banned.

To avoid a repeat of this happening again, I highly suggest downloading scripts to aid in your trading endeavours. Chrome extensions like Trade Offer Enhancer will help you put in keys all in one trade and show an overview of what items are there on each side without needing to count.
https://github.com/juliarose/steam-trade-offer-enhancer
https://github.com/Nuklon/Steam-Economy-Enhancer

Many people use the first one (also known as the Julia script), I myself use both. Download them and try it for yourself.

In other words, make sure to TRIPLE CHECK all your trades from now on. As people usually are quite unforgiving when it comes to making small mistakes like these.

25 minutes ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

if you asking if reporting him on BP and -trust'ing him can help. No, even if you do, it will be seen as an invalid, as you were the one who sent the keys to the person. If anything, you are the one responsible for making the trade and making sure everything is in order. Will this guy be off scot-free? Well yes, what he did is morally questionable (or even wrong at some sense), but is not an action that will lead to him getting banned.

To avoid a repeat of this happening again, I highly suggest downloading scripts to aid in your trading endeavours. Chrome extensions like Trade Offer Enhancer will help you put in keys all in one trade and show an overview of what items are there on each side without needing to count.
https://github.com/juliarose/steam-trade-offer-enhancer
https://github.com/Nuklon/Steam-Economy-Enhancer

Many people use the first one (also known as the Julia script), I myself use both. Download them and try it for yourself.

In other words, make sure to TRIPLE CHECK all your trades from now on. As people usually are quite unforgiving when it comes to making small mistakes like these.

Thank you, was making sure if -rep would be considered a invalid and somehow get me in trouble. Thanks for clearing it up tho. As for the chrome extensions, I already have Julia's script. The trade happened in game, I will triple check every trade from now on.

Rip my 2 keys

4 hours ago, ApothicЯ said:

Well sorry for the guys above that are not really helping (c'mon he's asking for help, and all you find is to make fun of him... Shame)

I admit it can be confusing sometimes to see the row of keys being 3 on mobile, 4 on desktop, 5-6 in trade offers. Mistakes happen...

If the trade occurred less than 2 weeks ago, you could find again the chat history there : https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog

When taking the screenshot of the agreement, be sure highlighting the profile of the trader by passing your cursor on his name (this will prove that's the right profile, changing names and making it private won't change anything to it). Then take a screenshot of your trade (also showing the URL by passing the cursor on the profile picture, and also a screenshot of the full description of the item involved in the trade). 

You could add your friend's chat log.

It could make a solid -rep (the guy might give you back the keys to see it removed)

I don't think finding the chat history would work because we traded in game on a server. Really right now I don't have any proof, sucks that I can't make a valid -rep without any. Thank you for ur reply regardless though, I really appreciate people like you taking time and helping people like me. Your really good person :]

Archived