Promoted buy order listings, anyone?

🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥

This'd be additionally to the 3 promoted slots for sell order listings (so 3 slots for sell orders, 3 slots for buy orders). Could help out people who really wanna buy something, but there's none for sale at that moment and just overall would further help you promote what you're buying!

It would be neat! But when someone really wants to buy something and pay Top Dollarâ„¢ for it, they'll normally just use Premium to find the owners and ask them directly. It'd probably also have conflict with the Sell Orders on the main page, and people would get confused. Are LTB threads allowed on the forums? They'd probably be suited better, if they are.

47 minutes ago, Norah said:

they'll normally just use Premium to find the owners and ask them directly

Some are scared to be a nuisance in case they don't (at least at that moment) sell and get blocked by them

It'd probably also have conflict with the Sell Orders on the main page, and people would get confused.

Well, in one way or another, the promoted sell and buy orders would have separate sections. Id assume best way would be for the promoted sell and buy order sections to "flip" in real time every like 5 seconds in the same box where currently the promoted sell orders are

LTB

LTB?

1 hour ago, Norah said:

Are LTB threads allowed on the forums? They'd probably be suited better, if they are.

Pretty sure they are, however forums is not a place where your "buy order" will be anywhere near effective :kekw:

2 hours ago, Snailiad said:

i'm not paying for promoted buy orders when i can harass owners for free

How do you find them in the first place then tho 🤔

6 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Could help out people who really wanna buy something, but there's none for sale at that moment

Honestly when I first read the title my first thought was "What would anyone use that for?" and this was my first thought to which my opinion is that's a stupid thing to use it for as presumably the item you're trying to get is rare if there's none for sale which means you should be premium searching and directly looking for people who might sell and offering to them. Putting a promoted listing that's applicable to like <100 people is a huge waste not only for the use of your promoted slot but to any other potential listings that could have been displayed.

The other use I thought of is for minor quickbuys on popular items IE you have a listing buying keys for like 1 ref under current bot buy orders but it's still higher than what the front page's key price is so you're banking on an uninformed person seeing that you're "paying more than what the key is worth" and then blindly sending an offer without further thought which is kinda scummy ngl.

The final use after giving it more thought is just doing random shit and putting generic buy order messages like "Buying 1000's of unusuals for more than top buy orders, add me!" which is just gonna be downright spammy and annoying.

Overall bad idea, someone looking to sell something is going to go to that item's page, not "impulse sell" based on some front page promotion listing.

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

oh i only trade with masochists who come to me to be harassed tbh

3 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Honestly when I first read the title my first thought was "What would anyone use that for?" and this was my first thought to which my opinion is that's a stupid thing to use it for as presumably the item you're trying to get is rare if there's none for sale which means you should be premium searching and directly looking for people who might sell and offering to them. Putting a promoted listing that's applicable to like <100 people is a huge waste not only for the use of your promoted slot but to any other potential listings that could have been displayed.

The other use I thought of is for minor quickbuys on popular items IE you have a listing buying keys for like 1 ref under current bot buy orders but it's still higher than what the front page's key price is so you're banking on an uninformed person seeing that you're "paying more than what the key is worth" and then blindly sending an offer without further thought which is kinda scummy ngl.

The final use after giving it more thought is just doing random shit and putting generic buy order messages like "Buying 1000's of unusuals for more than top buy orders, add me!" which is just gonna be downright spammy and annoying.

Overall bad idea, someone looking to sell something is going to go to that item's page, not "impulse sell" based on some front page promotion listing.

Maybe that particular point isn't the best example for how it'd be useful, however this is:

10 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

overall would further help you promote what you're buying!

The usefulness of the idea is as simple as that, drawbacks would simply need some rules/counters or whatever in check

More specific responses:

which means you should be premium searching and directly looking for people who might sell and offering to them.

8 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Some are scared to be a nuisance in case they don't (at least at that moment) sell and get blocked by them

is a huge waste not only for the use of your promoted slot but to any other potential listings that could have been displayed.

10 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

This'd be additionally to the 3 promoted slots for sell order listings (so 3 slots for sell orders, 3 slots for buy orders)

8 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Well, in one way or another, the promoted sell and buy orders would have separate sections. Id assume best way would be for the promoted sell and buy order sections to "flip" in real time every like 5 seconds in the same box where currently the promoted sell orders are

5 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

This'd be additionally to the 3 promoted slots for sell order listings (so 3 slots for sell orders, 3 slots for buy orders)

5 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

We are assuming different things, the first point would be reasonable to expect from the devs I think, however adding a whole new box to the front page would require more work than I think bp devs would do, especially real time flipping. With that in mind a useless sell order taking up a buy order's slot on the existing grid is what I meant by any other listing being displayed, if the devs went the extra mile sure I can see it working but highly skeptical, not to mention adding the new grid would require a *decently drastic* change to keep it on the initial page (no scrolling needed).

12 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Sales exist though not for the old unusuals which were sold via outpost

5 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

We are assuming different things, the first point would be reasonable to expect from the devs I think, however adding a whole new box to the front page would require more work than I think bp devs would do, especially real time flipping. With that in mind a useless sell order taking up a buy order's slot on the existing grid is what I meant by any other listing being displayed, if the devs went the extra mile sure I can see it working but highly skeptical, not to mention adding the new grid would require a *decently drastic* change to keep it on the initial page (no scrolling needed).

Well yeah, any new suggestion requires devs to work, that'll never change no matter what the suggestion is

Archived