Are real world money offers allowed in classified listings?

BIGHEAD

I'm looking to buy bulk quantities of certain items for money (PayPal, Venmo, or some other third thing) and want to mention that in classified listings.

Just want to make sure it's allowed before I get banned.

Thanks

i think ive seen listings with details of cash trading, though, they are for sell orders. but if they're allowed for sell orders, i doubt you'll get banned for putting it in buy orders

You can if you're willing to purchase them for your listed price in pure AND cash, but if you're ONLY wanting to purchase said items for cash, then maybe you should advertise it on the Cash trading forums/make your listing advertising it, but not overcutting other buyers

Not sure, but I can't remember any rules being against it in the guidelines for classifieds. I would assume you'll be fine as long as you're willing to honor the pure price in keys/ref, similar to item/mixed listings.

3 hours ago, Keks said:

i think ive seen listings with details of cash trading, though, they are for sell orders. but if they're allowed for sell orders, i doubt you'll get banned for putting it in buy orders

I remember a long time ago seeing sell orders for a few things, but this my general opinion prior to posting this.

3 hours ago, fenfen said:

You can if you're willing to purchase them for your listed price in pure AND cash, but if you're ONLY wanting to purchase said items for cash, then maybe you should advertise it on the Cash trading forums/make your listing advertising it, but not overcutting other buyers

2 hours ago, Mariogeek2 said:

Not sure, but I can't remember any rules being against it in the guidelines for classifieds. I would assume you'll be fine as long as you're willing to honor the pure price in keys/ref, similar to item/mixed listings.

That's kinda where I would have to verify things and keep asking price updated. Think I could reasonably do it, and, for what it's worth, I'll be making the listings in good faith of attempting to follow related rules.

I'll wait at least another 6-8 hours before making a classified buy order with money request (if no objections are made here), and I'll see how it goes from there.

42 minutes ago, BIGHEAD said:

That's kinda where I would have to verify things and keep asking price updated. Think I could reasonably do it, and, for what it's worth, I'll be making the listings in good faith of attempting to follow related rules.

Good faith won't cut it. If prices change to less favorable levels and you don't honor a buy order, you can be reported for that*. I believe if you build up a profile of doing it over time the penalties become more harsh. That said, as long as you're able to complete the orders I don't think there is any problem with it since it's just extra text-based info and you aren't putting in a restriction for what you're willing to buy.

*Definitely true for ref/keys, I'd imagine same for cash trading since the whole line-skipping argument is the same.

For real money offers and deals first you need to gather reputation. I wouldn't sell anything to you even if could, 1 trust seems to early for this, but.. To be efficient, you can buy keys from reputable cash sellers, and convert those keys to your wanted items.

Archived