Death of MidTier Unusuals

beachdog

4 minutes ago, I_Am_Tortilla said:

This looks very nice and is a really nice soilder/demo/sniper/engi hat https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Hat With No Name/Tradable/Craftable/62

Really is a bit of an underrated hat, not price-wise but like it seems like nobody ever remembers/talks about that hat. I'm quite content with the miami nights one I got from the crate depression lul

17 hours ago, JacobB said:

my guess is OP doesn't understand classified listings and/or premium search

16 hours ago, MopkoBka116 said:

Unable to find some specific cheap unusuals?
"Death of MidTier Unusuals"

it's not about finding specific unusuals it's about a gap in the market that i've noticed. i know how to search in classifieds specifically. there are just some hats that have effects missing from the market for seemingly no reason. i know i can search for "soldier blizzards storm hat" but that's not the point in the slightest.

idk why some people are acting like i'm an idiot i know how to look for hats i gave specific examples previously to show what i'm talking about.

22 hours ago, beachdog said:

killawatt combustible kabuto, 19 exist,

zero in classifieds

miami nights ground control, 14 exist,

zero in classifieds

vivid plasma el jefe, 15 exist,

zero in classifieds

miami nights frontier djustice, 18 exist, zero in classifieds.

i wouldn't consider any of these overly desirable but the fact that a good amount exist and there aren't any readily available? there's big gaps in certain hats. like i mentioned you can buy nuts n bolts or halloween effects. there's very little in between especially with hats that have been out as long as these have.

One thing to remember is that classifieds is not the only place to find these items. Historically for example, you could find many items on Outpost or Bazaar that may not be listed on backpack.tf. Nowadays sites like SCM, Marketplace, and Mannco.trade may have some that don't necessarily appear on classifieds.

Kabuto - https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Unusual Combustible Kabuto?filter=kill-a-watt + https://mannco.trade/ has one

Ground Control - yes 14 exist, but 7 have either never moved or haven't moved in over 5 years

El Jefe - https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Unusual El Jefe?filter=vivid

Frontier - considering there's none of any effect on SCM + really few sellers on classifieds in general, it sounds like these get snatched up pretty quickly. Either way, of the 18 in existence, 8 have either never moved or haven't moved in over 5 years.

I sorta get what you mean. The variety is definitely lackluster nowadays, the soup feels a lot thinner in the cheaper end. I think it's just a combination of forced price increases for certain effects, and the average backpack being more valuable. So npw you just gotta pay more for the "mid/high tier", and so on.

41 minutes ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

One thing to remember is that classifieds is not the only place to find these items. Historically for example, you could find many items on Outpost or Bazaar that may not be listed on backpack.tf. Nowadays sites like SCM, Marketplace, and Mannco.trade may have some that don't necessarily appear on classifieds.

i check bazaar, qs.store, mannco.trade, scrap, stn, and i'm on firepowered frequently. i don't bother checking on cash sale sites most of the time purely because it's a pain to convert keys into cash to buy something off mannco or whatever. i don't have premium anymore to know where any of a given hat are located or whatever now.

Archived