Are such listings even allowed?

shadyfan

I noticed today that we have buy orders for Strange weapons (non-decorated) and unusual effects applied. For example:

https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Powerjack&quality=11&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=3

Should this be allowed? I think it's enough we already have buy orders with specific parts and paints and killstreakers linecutting all the normal listings, but this is just too much. Besides, such weapons don't exist. There aren't strange unusual weapons, unless they're decorated ones. So Strange Unusual Powerjack actually doesn't exist in the game.

Its not line cutting because that bot will actually pay 35k for any cool/hot/iso strange powerjack. It is the way backpack handles skins so that sometimes it will count a skin as a decorated weapon and other times as an unusual.

They're essentially just the same thing as the generic "Unusual <hat>" without any effect buy orders. The reason why they're strange with specific effects is that A.) Strange skins are worth way more than non-strange, and B.) There's only 3 unusual weapon effects (4 including energy orb, but that's retired and only on a few skins), of which Isotope generally is worth much more and thus you'd want to specify a higher buy order price for Isotope.

So I guess the next step would be to create generic buy orders for unique weapons with unsual effects? These buy order pages are becoming really cluttered. To find a buyer of an actual strange rocket launcher, you need to go through 14 listings right now, just to reach the bot buying one without any modifications. Maybe it would be good to be able to add some attribute to the URL (for example "&unmodified=1") to skip all these buy orders most people (I believe) aren't interested in.

Bp tf's web design is really messed up. We might get a patch for this in 5 years. I wouldn't put too much worry in an issue that is on a long backlog of issues to fix.

4 hours ago, shadyfan said:

These buy order pages are becoming really cluttered. To find a buyer of an actual strange rocket launcher, you need to go through 14 listings right now, just to reach the bot buying one without any modifications

I can see 14 pages of listings being clutter, but not 14 listings. Having to click to page 2 is barely a blip on my inconvenience radar.

6 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

Bp tf's web design is really messed up. We might get a patch for this in 5 years. I wouldn't put too much worry in an issue that is on a long backlog of issues to fix.

Wondering what would happen first - clearing the bp. tf backlog of issues or Valve updating their VAC, lol. Both seem like something impossible to ever happen.

3 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

I can see 14 pages of listings being clutter, but not 14 listings. Having to click to page 2 is barely a blip on my inconvenience radar.

That's considering we have only 1 bot having buy orders. What if we have 10 or more bots or humans with 3-4 buy orders each, constantly linecutting each other? Cuz this will definetely happen in the near future.

13 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

The problem with this is it is extra work and a lot of people dont know this is a thing/dont know how to do it

Archived