I got scammed...

gunslinger_226

I just got scammed out of an unusual ritzy Ritz and I'm pretty mad about it. I thought I was trading with a guy called golden pyro who put out a buy order for it and looked at his account and thought it was pretty legit. but when i sent them a trade offer for it, the item went strait to another account called vawuwiraba. I got nothing for it, and when i checked there inventory, it had my unusual, plus a bunch of other stolen items.  idk if i can ever get it back and i most likely wont.

You've been phished. You logged into a fake website and now someone else has access to your account and redirected your trade to another account. Besides changing the passwords to your Steam and email accounts, you also need to revoke your Steam account's API key. Otherwise, your account (as well as potentially many of your other online accounts) will remain compromised.

2 hours ago, gunslinger_226 said:

idk if i can ever get it back and i most likely wont.

Unfortunately Steam doesn't refund scammed items. You'll just have to accept your loss and be more careful next time I'm afraid

1 hour ago, Strange said:
3 hours ago, gunslinger_226 said:

idk if i can ever get it back and i most likely wont.

Unfortunately Steam doesn't refund scammed items. You'll just have to accept your loss and be more careful next time I'm afraid

I guess so, I'm still relatively new to trading but I still am regretting it a lot since the hat was my most valuable item 

21 hours ago, gunslinger_226 said:

I just got scammed out of an unusual ritzy Ritz and I'm pretty mad about it. I thought I was trading with a guy called golden pyro who put out a buy order for it and looked at his account and thought it was pretty legit. but when i sent them a trade offer for it, the item went strait to another account called vawuwiraba. I got nothing for it, and when i checked there inventory, it had my unusual, plus a bunch of other stolen items.  idk if i can ever get it back and i most likely wont.

Hey! I have received your trade offer, but I noticed it when it has been already canceled. So I did not get anything from you. However I have checked your bp history and found out, that your hat is now in inventory of Anthuan https://backpack.tf/item/8231832524

buy order.jpg

Archived