How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

trade hats > make profit > sell keys for dosh > money

thats what I do whenever I need some quick cash.

I tried that (and it worked) but it takes a while, and Im kinda stuck at 2 keys....

But I'm 14 and where I'm from, the work limit is super high, like 16.5 or somthing :(

Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow, walk dogs, watch kids, deliver papers. You know, all the traditional young teen jobs.

Mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow, walk dogs, watch kids, deliver papers. You know, all the traditional young teen jobs.

I live in a town where everyone just hires professional people to do this stuff. 

put up that you're buying discounted hats on outpost, wait for someone to add you, but the hat for a discount, put it up on outpost for market price, wait.

the absolute most important thing is to not think about it too much. try to stay away from trade servers, you'll think about selling your hat for pure even more. just play the game or another game. i usually only quicksell my shit when i need money in real life. 

there will always be a buyer.

If you could get an Unusual for about half a bud when it was worth one bud, but you had to give all of your pure for it, would you take the risk or not?

It's a Heavy Unusual hat that I can get for half price, but I want to eventually trade for a Soldier Unusual.

Still debating whether to try crafting at start of next update. Wondering if it's worth it (statistic-wise of getting low craft#).

If you could get an Unusual for about half a bud when it was worth one bud, but you had to give all of your pure for it, would you take the risk or not?

It's a Heavy Unusual hat that I can get for half price, but I want to eventually trade for a Soldier Unusual.

I once had a G.Fetti Tough Guys Touque, I think I managed to get a slightly better unusual out of it (Steaming Whoopee Cap) by adding some stuff which I quicksold to quickbuy a clean/non-duped Steaming Backwards Ballcap.

I usually go with: "If it's going for half price and is not 3rd gen, it's probably a good deal", but I'm not experienced in Unusual trading so take this advice lightly.

It will take you a while to trade it though unless you look around, since demand for Heavy unusuals is low compared to that of Scout, Soldier, Demo and possibly Medic.

You should also check to see if it's duped or gifted, if it's either or both of those it's quite risky.

Going to also share a recent trading success:

Yesterday I brought a Spec. Killstreak Strange Crusader's Crossbow for 2.5 keys (just above market price for a regular S Crossbow) by looking around Outpost for about 2 minutes.

Today I managed to sell it for 4 keys and 2.44 ref, so I came close to doubling my money from that.

Killstreak weapons look like a decent investment if you find one going for really cheap, especially if they're Spec. or Prof. of weapons that have good demand (e.g. SF Weapons).

I'm avoiding 3rd gens like the plague after having a horrible loss with an Aces High Hot Dogger, had to sell it for nearly half its suggested price.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually belive crafting helps at profit, my entire life from crafting i got  Point 'n Shoots, 2 Parkas, 1 Hood of arms, 4 eye-patches and only 2 craft hats. Everyone has it's own luck, if you fell lucky, try.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am fairly new to unusual trading, I looked up how to tell if an unusual is duped and I did not find anything leading for bp.tf to say my unusual was duped at some point.  

http://backpack.tf/item/1693004068

I have checked bp.tf, tf2outpost,steam market, and tf2items history and I have found no duplicates. The only thing that I think could've happnned was that it was deleted at some point? Please let me know if this hat is duped or not, thanks :)

I have over 100 refined metal in my backpack but I just don't know what to do with it. My goal is to get around 5 buds to afford a strange australium rocket launcher. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

I got a bud recently. Should I save it and wait for it to go up again(if it ever will)? Or if I should start buying quicksale unusual and sell it for higher price. What unusual effect are easier to sell, and what hats are easier to sell?

• 2 weeks later...
lucem, on 16 Dec 2014 - 8:29 PM, said:

I got a bud recently. Should I save it and wait for it to go up again(if it ever will)? Or if I should start buying quicksale unusual and sell it for higher price. What unusual effect are easier to sell, and what hats are easier to sell?

I imagine buds will go back up to 15 keys in the next couple of days, so it might be worth it to wait until then. Trying to wait for them to hit 20 keys seems a losing option.

It seems to me that you'd be better off breaking it down into keys (and a couple of the keys into ref) and then using those keys (and ref) to buy items to flip for profit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure all of you have found some sly, sneaky way to reel in the tf2 moolah,

Tell us what makes you rich (in TF2) Is it your sharking?

Selling a specific kind of item?

Or even just flat out pimping people (I hope none of you are doing that...)

I already have my own method (see below), i'm just curious bout your ways of doing so.

Feel free to question the methods but that's for everyone else to figure out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quick buy specific hats and certain festives....

I believe i made a bud off just one of these methods. and i only started like 3 weeks ago

I manipulate genuines SCM value so i can buy games, or flip for keys

:D