How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

I am finding very hard to sell much of anything even stupid bud. Can't quickbuy stuff and I have 2 hats that were quickbought but can't move. Something seems broken.

Is anyone else having trouble moving unusuals? What is working well?

Is anyone else having trouble moving unusuals? What is working well?

get better at picking what to sell and what price to put on it....

• Like 1

get better at picking what to sell and what price to put on it....

Or just amass a volume of crap and highball everything--if you get enough crap you'll always be selling something, even at terrible prices. 

• 2 weeks later...

Or just amass a volume of crap and highball everything--if you get enough crap you'll always be selling something, even at terrible prices. 

;) are you pointing at me? only some of my prices are terrible

Hey, got a new tip for this thread.

I'm not amazing at trading but I did trade up to my first unusual yesterday started at a couple keys.

So, I have a ton of crappy stranges and I can never sell them.

They range .33-.66 ref. Now, instead of saying "Selling stranges". I tried "Trade me for free strange".

WHAT? GIVE STUFF AWAY FREE? Not exactly. See, I say "what class", they name one, I put in a .33 strange. Here is the good part

"Wanna see my other stuff?" "Sure." Bam. You are in. Throw in your items. The first time I did this he only bought one item, so I gave .66 in stranges for .33

Second trade: I show my items, he likes em, he buys a key in items with overpay. Hey buys one key in items for 11 ref. all I Did was give him a free rec strange with it. Ya get me?

Third trade: He picks a strange, I show other items. Here is the good part: he buys 1.5 keys worth of items for 3 keys in items.

NO I DID NOT SHARK HIM. I told him that his stuff was valued around 3 keys. He knew. He really wanted my stuff.

I GAVE HIM A REC IN ITEMS FREE AND ENDED UP TURNING A KEY AND A HALF PROFIT.

I've only done these three trades and they were on valve servers. But I got the trades consecutively and they each took maybe five minutes. Even faster than quick selling and I turned a profit. Try it out if you have a bunch of items and a few cheap stranges. Don't give away too much.

Am I saying give free stuff and you get keys? No. I'm saying, people are more willing to trade if you are friendly and kind. Giving away free stuff opens up that trade window. If you don't get in the trade window, you don't sell stuff.

I'm not amazing at trading but I did trade up to my first unusual yesterday started at a couple keys.

They range .33-.66 ref. Now, instead of saying "Selling stranges". I tried "Trade me for free strange".

WHAT? GIVE STUFF AWAY FREE? Not exactly. See, I say "what class", they name one, I put in a .33 strange. Here is the good part

"Wanna see my other stuff?" "Sure." Bam. You are in. Throw in your items. The first time I did this he only bought one item, so I gave .66 in stranges for .33

Second trade: I show my items, he likes em, he buys a key in items with overpay. Hey buys one key in items for 11 ref. all I Did was give him a free rec strange with it. Ya get me?

Third trade: He picks a strange, I show other items. Here is the good part: he buys 1.5 keys worth of items for 3 keys in items.

NO I DID NOT SHARK HIM. I told him that his stuff was valued around 3 keys. He knew. He really wanted my stuff.

I've only done these three trades and they were on valve servers. But I got the trades consecutively and they each took maybe five minutes. Even faster than quick selling and I turned a profit. Try it out if you have a bunch of items and a few cheap stranges. Don't give away too much.

Am I saying give free stuff and you get keys? No. I'm saying, people are more willing to trade if you are friendly and kind. Giving away free stuff opens up that trade window. If you don't get in the trade window, you don't sell stuff.

People on valve servers generally don't care if they are losing a bit as long as they get the little thing they want

"I'll give you some cloth, but you have to buy a liter of wine for every box of cloth."

You can pretty much summarize it like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy First Gen Unusual Quicksells and Other Good Deals. I got a Sunbeams Pyro Beanie today for 37 keys, think I can make about 15 keys on that, so yeah. Well, I got lucky anyway. Also, buy and sell KS's if you can I use the market to sell them. DONT STEEL MEH GUD DEALZ. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn't it all trading pixels for pixels

much profit

Yes, but most say their pixels are worth more.

Opinions on pixels = economy

• 5 weeks later...

I find it weird how people decide which unusuals they want based on generation effect it is. It's like picking your clothes based on which is older instead of looks. Or restaurant to eat base in which opened first instead of quality of food and service

I find it weird how people decide which unusuals they want based on generation effect it is. It's like picking your clothes based on which is older instead of looks. Or restaurant to eat base in which opened first instead of quality of food and service

They want 1st gens cuz they are stable/rising, 2nd gens cuz they are stable and dont want 3rd gens cuz they arent stable yet. Very different from what you said.

They want 1st gens cuz they are stable/rising, 2nd gens cuz they are stable and dont want 3rd gens cuz they arent stable yet. Very different from what you said.

They're only stable since everyone's saying new effects are cancerous, even though they're not. It's always not taking new hats/new effects cos they're cancerous and stuff. If I had to choose between a searing Bunsen and a time warp one or arcana one is taking searing since it looks better IMO. Or anti freeze Hat instead of harvest moon or scorching

They're only stable since everyone's saying new effects are cancerous, even though they're not. It's always not taking new hats/new effects cos they're cancerous and stuff. If I had to choose between a searing Bunsen and a time warp one or arcana one is taking searing since it looks better IMO. Or anti freeze Hat instead of harvest moon or scorching

TF2 only has an economy cuz people say so

To be honest, none of the 3rd Gens look that amazing, unlike 1st Gens.

Well there's profit to be made in keys if you have the capital for it. The price should stop dropping soon and hopefully start rising. A low risk investment [sadly the profit potential reflects this.]

• 2 weeks later...

people do pick restaurants and clothes based on how old they are. People even collect OLD toys. In most cases the people wearing "retro" clothes are wearing them to look "different" and the same applies to unusuals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres what you do,

1. Put 400$ on steam funds >:^)

2. Wait for somebody on market to fuck up :^)

3. Get 100+ bud unusuals for a few 100 dollars ^:)^

4. Say your cashing out but then just use the keys to unbox and get another 50+ unusual :^^)

5. Spycrab it ^:)

6. Win

7. Brag about it as if you're a decent trader. :^)

Heres what you do,

1. Put 400$ on steam funds >:^)

2. Wait for somebody on market to fuck up :^)

3. Get 100+ bud unusuals for a few 100 dollars ^ :)^

4. Say your cashing out but then just use the keys to unbox and get another 50+ unusual :^^)

5. Spycrab it ^ :)

6. Win

7. Brag about it as if you're a decent trader. :^)

That fuckup part needs you to be 24/7 on market.

Hi there guys! I wanted to get as many advices as possible. So my question is how to get profit faster? I want to get to unusual. I have 3 keys now and im trading with them at the moment. What should i do? What should i buy and sell? And what prices should i use?

Just a tip. If you're an experienced unusual trader getting back into TF2 like I was, buy 10+ keys from the market. I did that a month ago and have turned 15 keys into almost an 8 bud unusual.