Woifi The Viking

How to make profit thread

swunk
On 9/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, EmptyChests said:

Im new to trading in general. Currently, I have around 24 ref. Any tips, things to avoid, etc,  or ways I could build my way to my first key?

(Ps: Im an idiot and bought weapons from the mann-co store instead of keys)

You can buy it ?

Before you start trading ...anything , you gotta ask why would you do it ? If for profit, you are looking at the wrong "currency" . Some ref profit wont get you even a died cola. 

Easiest, buy keys, try to score a good deal as you will be buying with pure, try NOT the get scammed, sell for profit. Redo process until ...burning TC?

Blu_Soul

I keep having no profit with my trades,most of the time,i trade and checked the prices,but when i go to sell it,i don't get any profit.

Johnny Joestar
On 2/28/2014 at 9:42 AM, Woifi The Viking said:

Feel free to ask for tips and pointers on how to make profit here. This is not a place to ask if the last trade you made was ok, but rather, it's meant for people who are new to TF2 and who need some general advice on what to look for and what to avoid. This is the place to discuss when to craft and when to unbox, or if you should unbox at all. When to hoard Salvaged Stranges, when to sell those Christmas hats and every market trend in between.

Will merge other threads into this. So please don't make new ones about any of this topics.

Hey have any tips on what should i buy with a key?

Bomsusik
On 9/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, Johnny Joestar said:

Hey have any tips on what should i buy with a key?

I would recommend looking into different marketable items, because they are not based only on the suggested backpack.tf price, but also the community market price, making them flexible on the market.

Keep in mind to always inspect the community market history graph, which shows for how much it was sold in the past, and how lately.

There are many factors to this, but it gets easier once you get the hang of it.