How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

How would I begin? Out of my fourth MvM tour, the best I got was a specialized killstreak grenade launcher fabricator with the deadly daffodili sheen and I don't know where to start. I feel my backpack is too low to start making large scale profits at all.

22 hours ago, Alen said:

How would I begin? Out of my fourth MvM tour, the best I got was a specialized killstreak grenade launcher fabricator with the deadly daffodili sheen and I don't know where to start. I feel my backpack is too low to start making large scale profits at all.

Put in a lot of money and mvm tours aren't profitable unless you are lucky.

Okay guys. I'm a f2p trader I have 12.66 ref from last time I traded. I don't know how to make profit anymore, since now bp.tf bots exist.. Someone please help.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way for beginner profits lye in Trading Cards. I find the best way to get Trading Cards is through servers, though you will find a lot of competition as Trading Cards are a great way to profit.

If you're lucky enough to snag any for 1-2 scrap each you're looking at great profit. 3-4 each is kinda a risk but you're likely to find more sellers this way. 

Trading cards vary in price (Market Wise) Lowest are 3 cents each, and some can range in multiple $. Though you're often only going to find those which range in the 5-12 cent range. 

Go into a server, buy cards ranging from 1-4 scrap each (lower the better). I'd spend no more than 10 minutes in a server before moving to a new one. Once you're happy with what you got check out the market price of each one. Go to a trading site or any of the Trading Card communities and offer them for their market price in metal.

This is a great way to start out profit trading if you have only a small handful of refined. If you have loads of keys or ref you can post the cards on the market and buy keys when you reach the fund total. But with market items taking 7 days to become tradable, this isn't a good thing to do if you don't have a steady supply of metal.

This is very time consuming, and as I mentioned, A LOT of people do this so you will face competition often. But its a good way to start out, beats scrap banking!

• 2 months later...

So after an extensive break from TF2, I would like to get back to actively trading, recently I sold my BMOC a key and a few ref higher than I did buying it. However after that Im stumped on what to do. i have 11 keys and some ref lying around and wondering where or what to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Every time I trade I get really hard to sell items and it ends up being a used slot in my inventory, even if I technically should be profiting. Any ideas on how I can sell my items or at least get better selling items?

(yes i am a big noob)

Any tips on how to sell a hard to sell an item?

I recently came across a Strange Cosmic Calamity  Sniper Rifle for 14 ref. I have several skin traders on my friends list tell me it's worth 45 ref because it's strange and has an expensive skin. But because it's battle-scared it makes it hard to sell

So far 3 days on servers, I got so many people interested, now I was selling it for 25% off and almost every person told me it's a good deal. But they declined the offer since its hard to sell

Any tips? I am even going for 50% off. Hopefully trying to find a sniper main who prefers beaten up skins to clean ones (They exist)

On 01/02/2018 at 3:58 PM, Ghandi said:

Any tips on how to sell a hard to sell an item?

I recently came across a Strange Cosmic Calamity  Sniper Rifle for 14 ref. I have several skin traders on my friends list tell me it's worth 45 ref because it's strange and has an expensive skin. But because it's battle-scared it makes it hard to sell

So far 3 days on servers, I got so many people interested, now I was selling it for 25% off and almost every person told me it's a good deal. But they declined the offer since its hard to sell

Any tips? I am even going for 50% off. Hopefully trying to find a sniper main who prefers beaten up skins to clean ones (They exist)

Tip: Don't buy items with stranges parts (unless your paying nothing extra for the part) Also don't buy skins. They don't sell well.

• 2 months later...

Hello there. This is my first post here, i just started TF2 Trading; i currently have four keys but i don't know how to profit them, neither which item to profit with. My goal is to get to ten keys so i can buy an unusual.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to find quicksells? Feels like everyone is trying to sell me unusuals at prices that makes profit incredibly small and difficult to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Buyorders buyorders buyorders. 

Servers are ok on ocassion but you will barely find any. Even if there is one it's likely to get snatched by another quickbuyer. 

Backpack.tf buyorders are the easiest and most efficient way to buy quicksell with keys. 

If you don't like prices people are offering you set a price you're willing to offer. 

Make sure to be competive with your buyorders as people are thinking similar things. 

I've bought about 25+ unusuals in the past 5 days or so and I've sold 10 ish of them already. 

Steam market tends to hold really good deals too but you are going to have to fish around. 

I have 9 keys and 50-ish Ref in my backpack right now.

What should I start with doing? I was thinking of trading strange items on  trade.tf for a few scrap per trade. Would that work?

53 minutes ago, Plz help me said:

I have 9 keys and 50-ish Ref in my backpack right now.

What should I start with doing? I was thinking of trading strange items on  trade.tf for a few scrap per trade. Would that work?

It would work, but it's hardly worth it. At the level of pure you have, you shouldn't be focusing on trades that give a scrap of profit. Instead, you should be looking for an unusual/aussie quicksell to flip for a key or more profit.

• 1 month later...

Here’s a no brainer that requires some investment and time. 

Buy csgo skins at a discount for money (atleast 30% off), sell the skins on the steam market, then place a bunch of buy order on unusuals with your new steam funds (this can take quite some time for your buy order to go through, but be patient). Then sell the unusuals for cash or trade for keys, and repeat it all over again.

Sometimes it can be worth placing buy orders on keys and tickets, just make sure you’re making a profit before doing so.

• 4 months later...

Pretty new to unusual trading here. When I was newer I outright bought a bunch of the fancy stuff I have now. I was quite clueless then, so apparently as a result my backpack value is like half of what I spent. So I figured this could be a good way to try and make all of it up. Here's my history so far:

> started at scrapTF auctions and grabbed a few painted items hoping to sell them for like 2-4 key profit each, failed miserably to sell them, realized my mistake and quicksold them. About -4k profit there.

> decided to shift my attention to strictly unusuals from then on. Grabbed a low tier double spelled engie hat at auctions, tried to sell that on trade servers. Gradually the feeling that I had become that one guy that peddles the crap no one wants was settling in, so I auctioned it back off on scrap, decided not to trust spells ever again unless it's horseshoes. Barely +0.5k profit.

> Decided to visit scrapTF's unusual buying page, found a cauldron bubble hustler's hallmark(demo hat) for about a whopping 22 keys below the market price, decided to take it. Even quicksold one of my formerly keeper unusuals to get enough pure, -1.5k profit but I figured it'd be worth it. My plan was to close the gap to 11 for an 11 key profit, thought it'd work out since my offer was still so far below the market price. Sadly I think the less than swag effect and only being for demo made people disinterested, and the ones that were interested refused to trust its market price because it had that "old price" warning symbol on it. (don't they ALL, seriously.)

> found someone auctioning a circling heart nuke for 50 keys, decided on a whim to put the HH up for it since scrap valued it at just enough keys to pull it off. I figured it'd be easier to sell than the HH since it's a Solly hat and a 1st gen effect, plus no one else offered it. But this hat had no price at ALL, so I couldn't even say I was quickselling or going below the market at all, and NO one trusted it. Eventually a guy offered me a kilawatt boxcar bomber for the nuke + 7k pure, and I took it. Currently trying to sell that. If I can do it for 45 keys, then that'll be zero net profit from all the way back to buying the HH.

In case anyone was willing to suffer through all of that, is anyone able to point out maybe any problems with what I'm doing? My usual plan rn is to alternate between auctioning on scrap, and having a bp listing up while I try to sell it in Vatican/Firepowered. I also decided to try out bp premium, and the deals page just feels like a total goldmine since I could instantly grab an unusual for like 2/3 the market price, taking into consideration multiple factors ofc. Haven't quite mustered enough pure to try it out yet. But so far I feel like the biggest obstacle by far has been how untrustworthy the market prices seem to be. Sometimes it causes me to wonder why they're even there in the first place to be honest. I've also come to realize there's no perfect balance between having a value high enough to be desirable, and a value low enough to be affordable. So I'm kinda wondering if I should stay in the 40k range, or try splitting it into 2 20k hats to try to double my sell rate. Just, any tips or feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

...btw I'm not a bad person for necroing a pinned thread am I?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/22/2019 at 10:07 PM, Unscene said:

whats a good way to start making profit from keys quickly and efficiently

like how much do i buy for and how much do i sell for

Buy yourself 35 keys,backpack premium and start slammin' down buy orders. Then requicksell/sell for profit

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sell god tier 1:1 hats for $1000's of dollars.

Price sugg them at QS value and get them accepted because "reasons"

buy them back at half value

resell for infinite profit.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:58 AM, Appah said:

Sell god tier 1:1 hats for $1000's of dollars.

Price sugg them at QS value and get them accepted because "reasons"

buy them back at half value

resell for infinite profit.

Thats exactly what is happening in this suggestion event.

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to trading in general. Currently, I have around 24 ref. Any tips, things to avoid, etc,  or ways I could build my way to my first key?

(Ps: Im an idiot and bought weapons from the mann-co store instead of keys)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, EmptyChests said:

Im new to trading in general. Currently, I have around 24 ref. Any tips, things to avoid, etc,  or ways I could build my way to my first key?

(Ps: Im an idiot and bought weapons from the mann-co store instead of keys)

You can buy it ?

Before you start trading ...anything , you gotta ask why would you do it ? If for profit, you are looking at the wrong "currency" . Some ref profit wont get you even a died cola. 

Easiest, buy keys, try to score a good deal as you will be buying with pure, try NOT the get scammed, sell for profit. Redo process until ...burning TC?