How to make profit thread

Woifi The Viking

Ok, so here's how I've been making profit with this game.

I usually buy my items cheap from scrap.tf. Since all craft hats can be bought for 1.33 ref, you're making a profit after you sell it.

I then put my items up for backpack.tf price.

I would honestly like to learn how to start churning profit from craft hats or low end taunts. I already have close to a ton of refined metal for a key, I would love a few pointers on how to get some dosh.

I personally don't have much experience in that area. However, when you get to two keys, I recommend crafting Killstreak fabricator to make kits. It cost a little less than half a key to make them not including the fabricator cost. You should be able to make three with those keys, and sell them for about an $0.80 profit. Personally, I use Killstreak.tf for some of my fabricator needs, and they don't charge extra for team shine which fetches a bit more as a Killstreak Kit.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What should I do with 70~ pure keys?

I'm very bad trading with unusual, but I think is the only way to make fast profit

Not true, you can make profit off of buying cosmetics and stranges.

Not true, you can make profit off of buying cosmetics and stranges.

Yeah ik, how you think i got all this. But is slow, you can get some ref, but thats nothing. I know im not going to be rich in seconds, but 1 key per week isnt enough

• 4 weeks later...

my question : what should i buy frm market or in game store so that when i trade it here , i get proper refs in exchange.

In short which item has the backpack.tf price and steam market price almost same, so i dont have a loss

• 1 month later...

I have obtained 3 keys from trading with cheap hats and stranges 1.33-10 and since the key prices are going up with minimal sellers i have no idea how to make profit from the keys besides key banking.Are there any other ways to make profit with keys+ref without unusual trading?

I have obtained 3 keys from trading with cheap hats and stranges 1.33-10 and since the key prices are going up with minimal sellers i have no idea how to make profit from the keys besides key banking.Are there any other ways to make profit with keys+ref without unusual trading?

when I've got keys lying around I go buy steam marketable stuff that I can flip for more than the cost of me buying a new key

Christmas sale is coming up, and them mad market quicksells will be coming.

What would be generally be the best item to buy in terms of being able to make profit?

when I've got keys lying around I go buy steam marketable stuff that I can flip for more than the cost of me buying a new key

Well i have a f2p steam account so i dont have access to the market although i have premium in tf2.Any other ways?

Well i have a f2p steam account so i dont have access to the market although i have premium in tf2.Any other ways?

... buy a crappy game for a dollar or less and stop being f2p steam user

... buy a crappy game for a dollar or less and stop being f2p steam user

My parents wont allow me to spend money in games

Even if i can sneak out and get a gift card or something,the nearest place is far away and i cant go thereS

So yeah,i need another method,i currently have 3 keys pure and 2 in items

What am i supposed to do? I'm just new... And, i dunno what to do.

I don't know if you're talking about items or unusual(s) but I'll go with unusual(s).

Since that i started trading again sometime ago I discovered a great secret which has given me loads of profit (10k to 20k profit)

And that's just from buying & selling unpriced unusual(s). 

For example, I currently have a Neutron Star Dark Falkrik unusual, I've gotten tons of offers already just by going on trade servers and such, I traded a Coupe D'Istaster It's a Secret to Everyone for it, I'm selling the unusual for 60k right now, and I already have an offer for 60k pure.

So that's 7k profit if I price it from the low-end price.

Now, a great tactic for selling unusual(s) is to get 1 out of 1's, you can do whatever you want with the price, lower it or rise it.

With my experience, I almost get never contacted by somebody from TF2OP or Bazaar.tf, but I've gotten multiple offers on bp.tf for some of my item(s).

I'm not saying TF2OP or Bazaar.tf is bad, but you need some attractive unusual(s) to get attention on those sites.

Hope this helped you and sorry for any typo's.

• 5 months later...
Guest Keys and Buds

Anyone remember when keys used to be 5.66 ref and earbuds used to be worth 25 keys? I do and now look at the eco it just shot into space and keys are now worth basically 29 ref because that's pretty much what everyone is selling it on tf2 outpost and buds are now worth 1.9 keys when they used to be worth 25 keys, those were the days when the eco was actually steady and worth something now it's just all fuckery and nonsense. Nothing makes sense in this eco anymore at least for me IMO 

37 minutes ago, Guest Keys and Buds said:

Anyone remember when keys used to be 5.66 ref and earbuds used to be worth 25 keys? I do and now look at the eco it just shot into space and keys are now worth basically 29 ref because that's pretty much what everyone is selling it on tf2 outpost and buds are now worth 1.9 keys when they used to be worth 25 keys, those were the days when the eco was actually steady and worth something now it's just all fuckery and nonsense. Nothing makes sense in this eco anymore at least for me IMO 

I remember when keys were 2ref.  buds were useful back then though, they're not so much anymore

2 hours ago, poi said:

Does scrap to unusual actually work???

Yes. It does. It takes a decent amount of time but you will get there soon enough.

On 5/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, Mc.Rad said:

Ok, so here's how I've been making profit with this game.

I usually buy my items cheap from scrap.tf. Since all craft hats can be bought for 1.33 ref, you're making a profit after you sell it.

I then put my items up for backpack.tf price.

I would honestly like to learn how to start churning profit from craft hats or low end taunts. I already have close to a ton of refined metal for a key, I would love a few pointers on how to get some dosh.

Do people pay full price for craft hats?

1 hour ago, ppapa2000 said:

Do people pay full price for craft hats?

Quoting a year old post but ok :)

For the craft hats that look good, yes for sure

Just now, tardlife said:

Quoting a year old post but ok :)

For the craft hats that look good, yes for sure

Lol I didn't even notice that the post is one year old haha. Would you mind posting some examples? :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/06/2017 at 11:57 AM, poi said:

I've been considering buying a painted item. Do paints still add any value. (The paint is A Mann's Mint) 

Low value paints you can add maybe a scrap or two to the item it is. With higher value paints you can sell for a couple of ref extra.

• 2 weeks later...

my main way of making profit is to buy a QS unusual with pure keys, and then 1:1 with australium ( hardest part ) and then sell the australium !

went up to over 80 keys pretty safely !