backpack.tf automatic bot help

Juvia Lockser

Hello I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out. I have downloaded https://bitbucket.org/jessecar/backpack.tf-automatic the most recent bot and set it all up correctly there is only one problem the automatic feature is not working I get an error saying "09:06:24 - warn: Currency exchange is disabled in this release (1.3.1) due to a vulnerability. This feature will be enabled again in the future" and all I want is to get the automatic working so I can get my badges and start using a bot to auotmatic trade things for me. I will give an example of what the problem is so When I list my items for sale with bot on it should list a Green Lightning bolt to make it so you can only pay that price and the bot auto accepts it that is what the problem is that it is not automatic because as you can see here https://backpack.tf/classifieds?steamid=76561199077979915 my listing you'll see the toy soldier for 5 ref is only a green trade offer, not a lightning bolt that its supposed to be which would be the automatic bot feature please can someone help me understand and figure this out I would even pay someone a couple keys to resolve this issue for me thank you :P feel free to respond below, add me on steam or anything!

I was not sure were to post this as well If I should do so some where else can you let me know thanks

I believe backpack.tf automatic bot has been discontinued long time ago. There is another free alternative called TF2 Autobot that you can use.

11 hours ago, Hale said:

TF2 Automatic

TF2 Autobot (improved version of TF2 Automatic)

Both are free.

I would not recommend using tf2automatic as it has a lot of critical bugs (last update 25apr 2020)

Tf2autobot is the best (last update 6 days ago...)

16 hours ago, mxINI said:

I would not recommend using tf2automatic as it has a lot of critical bugs (last update 25apr 2020)

Tf2autobot is the best (last update 6 days ago...)

May I ask what these "critical bugs" are?

5 hours ago, aethez said:

May I ask what these "critical bugs" are?

the bug was related to the fact that anyone could take items from the bot for 1scrap.... spam !buy + sending trade offers ... I can’t prove it since I didn’t have any logs left from the bot (but if I’m not mistaken it was last summer after that I switched to tf2autobot and now everything is cool no problem no bugs)

Wow a lot of responses over the night thanks for help guys yeah I have never used autobot only the other one and I am aware of the known bug on the tf2auotmatic I will give this other one a shot and see if I can get it working thank you all for help I will join the discord server!

2 hours ago, mxINI said:

the bug was related to the fact that anyone could take items from the bot for 1scrap.... spam !buy + sending trade offers ... I can’t prove it since I didn’t have any logs left from the bot (but if I’m not mistaken it was last summer after that I switched to tf2autobot and now everything is cool no problem no bugs)

Yeah, no. That was never a thing and if it was it would have been found ages ago.

Yeah either way tf2automatic the bug will not allow me to do auto which is the whole point of the bot, but the only problem with tf2autobot I am running into with tf2 autobot is that it requires like a steam desktop authenticator and becomes very confusing not to mention you have to wait like a week I think if you change authenticators does anyone know how this works so many steps just to set up a simple bot??

3 hours ago, Juvia Lockser said:

Yeah either way tf2automatic the bug will not allow me to do auto which is the whole point of the bot, but the only problem with tf2autobot I am running into with tf2 autobot is that it requires like a steam desktop authenticator and becomes very confusing not to mention you have to wait like a week I think if you change authenticators does anyone know how this works so many steps just to set up a simple bot??

I believe all bots (including tf2-automatic) require SDA, or any authenticator apps, in order for you to get the required secrets, or if your phone is rooted, then sure you can just add your bot account on your phone and get the secrets, but still not recommended.

And yes you have to wait 15 days if you change device for the authenticator.

Note that once you added your bot to the SDA, do not change it back to your phone or somewhere else - the secrets you obtained from the SDA will no longer valid and the bot will not functioning properly (wrong Steam Guard codes and will fail to confirm trades, etc). Also, do not use the bot on your main account. Please read the wiki. Thank you.

Archived