Trading without Mobile Authenticator?

rose-gold phantom

You can but you'll have to wait 14 or 7 days (?) to receive the items you traded. If you're trading, you have to activate the authenticator.

1 hour ago, rose-gold phantom said:

How to trade but no mobile authenticator?

Or you can install mobile auth in your pc with android emulator ( but I personally dont recommend )

18 minutes ago, Mr365truck said:

you could try steam desktop authenticator https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator

obviously it defeats the purpose of mobile auth, so use it at your own risk.

^ what he said

Basically if you want to trade but dont really care about getting an account hijacked then you can use that instead of mobile authenticator. Even so id recommend getting any cheap phone that can at least run steam mobile app. You dont need a data plan to use it, you can just use it under wifi. 

I personnaly use a tablet for mobile authentification, much safer (no some shady script you'll run on your PC & I never loose it because it often stays at home). No need for a mobile or credits, just Wi-Fi.

I just don't remember how I bypassed the mobile verification, but that was pretty easy.

On 6/12/2021 at 6:43 AM, Beaser said:

Basically if you want to trade but dont really care about getting an account hijacked then you can use that instead of mobile authenticator.

Had SDA for years now without any issues since I had a Windows phone that didn't have the Steam app.
You'll be off fine with SDA as long as you don't click any links and keep the auth under a password in case someone fiddles with your laptop (won't stop someone from breaking the password if they get full access to your PC but still, no sus links clicked = you safe)
That said, I am considering to switch back to mobile since I have an android for some time :D

Archived