Attempting to get into Unusual Trading

Izaquito28

So, as the title says, I would like to make an attempt to get into Unusual trading, but I dont really know where to start to, and I've only heard how bad getting unusual taunts is, so, what's a good price of unusuals to start with? 10 keys maybe?

just do weapon skins until  you have atleast 100 keys to start unusual trading, you will just be stuck with 1 hat for months on end

I would say start with spells over weapons if you just have 10 keys, as I find they're a lot easier to sell (A lot of traders just straight avoid skins) and to make profit off of. 

I would say start going into unusual trading once you have 25+ keys or so, as in that range you won't be dealing primarily with "Dirt tiers" anymore.

5 hours ago, Saylen said:

I would say start with spells over weapons if you just have 10 keys, as I find they're a lot easier to sell (A lot of traders just straight avoid skins) and to make profit off of. 

I would say start going into unusual trading once you have 25+ keys or so, as in that range you won't be dealing primarily with "Dirt tiers" anymore.

You mean like cosmetics with spells?

13 hours ago, Izaquito28 said:

You mean like cosmetics with spells?

weapons can also have spells, but yes, mainly the cosmetics with paint/footprint spells

dunno why people are saying in this thread to do weapon skins LOL, they're very inconsistent and either take a day or a month to sell

spells are your best bet for pre-unusual trading, though this may change in due time due to the addition of premium search for specific spells on hats

do not invest into an unusual before you have 20 keys, unless you are absolutely confident that it is a good idea (e.g. an item at nigh bot prices which you can easily flip for ~3-5 keys more)

I recommend you look up a couple of guides on spells, they may be outdated in terms of the value (as spells have shot up a decent bit recently) but should still be good on the tiers as they haven't shifted much.

Some spells are harder to sell than others, misc items like bears, shirts, whatever, usually sell more easily than hats due to people wanting to combo misc spells with their unusuals or what have you.

Spells is like entry-way/low tier unusual trading but without bots to undercut you on everything.

Do realize though that some people may try to sell you spells for an exorbitant amount of keys, I also recommend getting into contact with either a friend who does trading or an experienced trader as to hopefully avoid some potential profit loss!

Go out there and get some mon son!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived