Forced themes

Water Salesman

Why do people force themes on their unusuals? Are they just that desperate? For example: "I'm selling my pugilist's protector with spellbound for 30 buds (not hating on anyone who does have one). It's themed because if you get punched hard enough you see stars," or "My Dead Presidents Bear Necessities (once again, not hating on you if you have one) costs 20 buds, because you can kill a bear and then sell its fur for money."

19l4eh.png

A recent one I found. Out of the new effects, Dead Presidents is being made into a theme a LOT more than the others..

Also someone offered me a Knifestorm Bear saying it was themed because "Animal Cruelty" and he wanted 12 buds for it. Found out he payed 5 for it and most other sales were the same or lower.

A recent one I found. Out of the new effects, Dead Presidents is being made into a theme a LOT more than the others..

Also someone offered me a Knifestorm Bear saying it was themed because "Animal Cruelty" and he wanted 12 buds for it. Found out he payed 5 for it and most other sales were the same or lower.

Simply put if they have to explain their theme most likely it isnt

Simply put if they have to explain their theme most likely it isnt

Which is why I don't think any hat is themed. Which might also be because I just never see a relation. I didn't understand flies swagmans for example. 

Which is why I don't think any hat is themed. Which might also be because I just never see a relation. I didn't understand flies swagmans for example.

I never really got themes on many hats where others could easily see it. Eg the ghost zegoggles took me a while to get that it was ghost busters theme as ive never been a massive fan. Most obvious themes ive seen are ace high on hat of cards, burning on pyro and planets bubble pipe (astronaut) from the top of my head.

I never really got themes on many hats where others could easily see it. Eg the ghost zegoggles took me a while to get that it was ghost busters theme as ive never been a massive fan. Most obvious themes ive seen are ace high on hat of cards, burning on pyro and planets bubble pipe (astronaut) from the top of my head.

Of these I only agree with planet bubble. That indeed is themed. The rest might be fiting, but meh not themed. And all pyro burning hats is as dumb as all sniper flies hats (he stinks hurr durr)

Of these I only agree with planet bubble. That indeed is themed. The rest might be fiting, but meh not themed. And all pyro burning hats is as dumb as all sniper flies hats (he stinks hurr durr)

Probably the hat of hards im thinking of also was level 21. I agree on the point about pyro but it isnt that large of a stretch which is why i somewhat still consider it. As for the sniper it isnt so much themed but a view which was carried on since old days of tf2 much like how tc is awesome/most expensive.

Back in the early days of tf2 when there were only 1gen effects flies became the desired effect for snipers as it was low visability and was a relatively rare unbox, the fettis also low visability had a small standing but back then fetti effects were seen as the lowest and most cancerous effect possible. When gen 2 effects were released n&b was also seen as the god tier for engie but that died off quickly as many many were unboxed. Of all flies only ones i would consider is that behive looking hat (forgot name soz) and maybe snaggle (even thats kinda strechin it)

Probably the hat of hards im thinking of also was level 21. I agree on the point about pyro but it isnt that large of a stretch which is why i somewhat still consider it. As for the sniper it isnt so much themed but a view which was carried on since old days of tf2 much like how tc is awesome/most expensive.

Back in the early days of tf2 when there were only 1gen effects flies became the desired effect for snipers as it was low visability and was a relatively rare unbox, the fettis also low visability had a small standing but back then fetti effects were seen as the lowest and most cancerous effect possible. When gen 2 effects were released n&b was also seen as the god tier for engie but that died off quickly as many many were unboxed. Of all flies only ones i would consider is that behive looking hat (forgot name soz) and maybe snaggle (even thats kinda strechin it)

I'm not stupid, I know the story about flies. And bees aren't flies, that's stupid. Crocodiles don't even have flies around them, they're no elephants or buffaloes. Stupid.

Archived