I think I accidentally scammed myself (dont know if this is appopriate place)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I sold an uncraftable pink as hell to a bot for 2 keys 11.88 ref but forgot to add the 2 keys and the bot accepted 

the bot owner hasnt replied to my messages yet

Hopefully the owner replies, I remember selling a high five taunt for 1 ref instead of 1 key 1 ref. The owner never responded. still salty about that, lol

Unfortunately, you are completely at the mercy of the bot owner here, as it is fully up to them to give you the keys or not. The best thing to do if you do make contact is to be polite. Being rude or accusatory will pretty much guarantee that you won't get a refund. Same thing if the bot owner happens to be an asshole, but you can't do much about that.

Just me but I would HOPE most of the reputable bot owners would have some coded fail-safe which ensures the trade in question is for the EXACT amount. No more, no less. Certainly for unusual trades

1 hour ago, stoutman245 said:

Just me but I would HOPE most of the reputable bot owners would have some coded fail-safe which ensures the trade in question is for the EXACT amount. No more, no less. Certainly for unusual trades

Gladiator has a setting that allows the bot to automatically counter if the offer is underpay or overpay.

I tend to have it switched off for overpay on their end since I also bot some low tier cosmetics and if someone is feeling lazy and doesn't want to split up their ref and pay 3 ref for a 2.77 ref item, who gives.

For underpay, the counter offer really shines since occassionally someone will miscount ref or keys. Recently I've toggled it off since I want to check pure offers if they are close to my buyout.

That being said, it is completely up to the bot owner whether they return the items to you or not. You had a chance to check it on mobile auth and before confirming.

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee locked this topic

Archived