I have prepared for Heavy Update

Sacusa

5 minutes ago, Zodiak said:

until you realize that Valve will update it in a coupe more years

Thats pretty wishful thinking

2 hours ago, MFB Goobie said:

I'd say brass beast is in a good place atm.

it really isn't

brass beast (outside of mvm) is one of, if not, heavy's least used primary simply because you have zero movement when revved which makes you free food for snipers and spies. sure, the damage reduction is nice and that 20% extra damage is nothing to scoff at, but you lose one of heavy's most important tools with the minigun, which is movement while revved. granted, it's not fully gone, but you still move as fast as a damn snail

2 hours ago, Kosmo said:

it really isn't

brass beast (outside of mvm) is one of, if not, heavy's least used primary simply because you have zero movement when revved which makes you free food for snipers and spies. sure, the damage reduction is nice and that 20% extra damage is nothing to scoff at, but you lose one of heavy's most important tools with the minigun, which is movement while revved. granted, it's not fully gone, but you still move as fast as a damn snail

Yeah maybe adding crit resistance while revved while simultaneously adding another negative or nerfing the existing buffs might be a way to make it a viable option in regular games.

1 hour ago, AnarKey said:

Yeah maybe adding crit resistance while revved while simultaneously adding another negative or nerfing the existing buffs might be a way to make it a viable option in regular games.

nah, in all honesty it just needs a rework to be viable. in it's current state no matter how good it's buffed it will always be bad because you barely have any movement while revved, which is super important as heavy

i want this rework to make use of heavy being a defensive tank, like he already is, but amped up

maybe like 15% bullet/explosion resistance and 20% crit resistance as the buffs, as well as removing the slower rev time and the damage bonus

for it's downsides, i thought of keeping the slower rev movement (like 20% or something, not the extreme 60% it currently has), and potentially less healing from medic's medigun's and crossbow (again, not too extreme like the escape plan, but not too little to make it unnoticeable)

Well, I use the Brass Beast a lot, and not just defensively or for MVM.  It doesn't really need a rework; it just needs its nerfs, well, nerfed. From what I understand, the Brass Beast is supposed to be a weapon that makes Heavy even heavier: more damage output, harder to take down, but slower as a consequence, basically like carrying a much larger minigun I guess. The nature of its upsides and downsides do fit this theme, it's just that in my opinion the downsides are too powerful, forcing the average playstyle of this to shift to a living sentry.

The stats you suggest are actually a great idea for a minigun, just not as a rework for the Brass Beast. It does seem to fit that artillery minigun on the steam workshop very well though.

TLDR; I use the Brass Beast all the time. I really like the damage bonus.

2 hours ago, Defecticon said:

Well, I use the Brass Beast a lot, and not just defensively or for MVM.  It doesn't really need a rework; it just needs its nerfs, well, nerfed. From what I understand, the Brass Beast is supposed to be a weapon that makes Heavy even heavier: more damage output, harder to take down, but slower as a consequence, basically like carrying a much larger minigun I guess. The nature of its upsides and downsides do fit this theme, it's just that in my opinion the downsides are too powerful, forcing the average playstyle of this to shift to a living sentry.

The stats you suggest are actually a great idea for a minigun, just not as a rework for the Brass Beast. It does seem to fit that artillery minigun on the steam workshop very well though.

actually, yeah, i could see the downsides being way more forgiving instead of it needing a rework, what was i thinking?

Anyone heard the rumors about a possibly confirmed upcoming real update? I don't think it will be heavy update unfortunately

I facepalmed so hard that I broke my nose, wrist and hand at the same time. Why would anyone ever do this? 

I've heard tales of rich people wasting money for fun but this is too ridiculous.

That war paint is so ridiculously rare and collectible that if applied to any other weapon, could be worth a thousand fucking dollars but some blasphemous fucking infidel decided to put it on the fucking brass beast. A weapon so bad that you couldn't pay me to use it.

Not only have you made me sick, but I would go so far as to say that with this single action: you have inarguably made the world into a worse place. 

Luckily i didnt apply warpaint and i bought it for cheap, but it was still painful to buy it because its on brass beast :DD

Congratulatins on your kick ass gun. Remember with Brass Beast, let cart push you, and people will hate your mobility and they take 5 shots and die.

9 hours ago, Melusine said:

I facepalmed so hard that I broke my nose, wrist and hand at the same time. Why would anyone ever do this? 

I've heard tales of rich people wasting money for fun but this is too ridiculous.

That war paint is so ridiculously rare and collectible that if applied to any other weapon, could be worth a thousand fucking dollars but some blasphemous fucking infidel decided to put it on the fucking brass beast. A weapon so bad that you couldn't pay me to use it.

Not only have you made me sick, but I would go so far as to say that with this single action: you have inarguably made the world into a worse place. 

A look at the backpack of the first name in the item history tells all - long time MvM player (ie the one place people actually use brass beast)

On 5/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, Melusine said:

people like you are making this world a worse place. eediot

Archived