Premium search abuse.

Saylen

I believe I found a user who's been abusing his ability to use premium search to create unbalanced trades with newer users, if I'm able to confirm this through the actual people who sold said items, where would I report him besides just creating a -trust on his profile?

as I am not the victim and cannot create a steamrep report.

I'm not going to be naming names as I haven't gotten confirmation from any of the sellers yet as to whether or not he undervalued/overvalued their items or just blatantly lied about their values.

Any help would be appreciated

I've left a report on the accused profile, I've set it to private though until I can either get responses from the actual users he has traded with, or until a staff member sees and comments on the thread.

Thanks for the assistance!

@Saylen Simply repeatedly offering unbalanced trades to new users is enough for a ban. Manipulation, of course, is also absolutely bannable. I'd make the report public if I were you, as others will be able to provide their input in finding trades, though of course I'd understand if you want to keep it private.

Best of luck!

6 minutes ago, gameygame6 said:

@Saylen Simply repeatedly offering unbalanced trades to new users is enough for a ban. Manipulation, of course, is also absolutely bannable. I'd make the report public if I were you, as others will be able to provide their input in finding trades, though of course I'd understand if you want to keep it private.

Best of luck!

He was not just offering unbalanced trades but doing them

He purchased items with unusuals that totaled less than the buyorders several times, ontop of offering unbalanced trades, of course I did not submit anything regarding just offers as thats not necessarily punishable.

All of the items he had purchased, he bought from the unboxers.

Mind you this user has premium, and purchased these items shortly after they were unboxed, each user he traded with had very low hours in team fortress 2, or their steam account was relatively new/low level.

Thanks for the reply though!

2 minutes ago, Saylen said:

He purchased items with unusuals that totaled less than the buyorders several times, ontop of offering unbalanced trades, of course I did not submit anything regarding just offers as thats not necessarily punishable.

All of the items he had purchased, he bought from the unboxers.

Mind you this user has premium, and purchased these items shortly after they were unboxed, each user he traded with had very low hours in team fortress 2, or their steam account was relatively new/low level.

Yes, I was saying offering the trades repeatedly through the use of premium alone is already bannable, might have worded it poorly. Be sure to go into explanation on how these trades are unbalanced not just with buy orders but with sales if possible. 

Here are some more similar issues for reference:

https://backpack.tf/issue/5c587d04cf6c7507fc7b4bc3

https://backpack.tf/issue/5b0045b844325a449a0d91bc

Numbering the trades to keep things organized would be a good idea as well.

I wonder if he's the same guy that keeps spam offering me shit before I blocked him a few weeks ago.

If one of the victims you've talked to has evidence of manipulation, so not just unbalanced trades, please do still encourage them to create a report!

On 5/14/2021 at 6:59 AM, thecityburns2day said:

I wonder if he's the same guy that keeps spam offering me shit before I blocked him a few weeks ago.

Ikr had a guy that would offer his same hat like 10 seperate times with literally no explanation, no negotiations, and certainly never any way for me to make anything off his hat comparing to mine for sale. 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, RockSolidWood said:

Ikr had a guy that would offer his same hat like 10 seperate times with literally no explanation, no negotiations, and certainly never any way for me to make anything off his hat comparing to mine for sale. 

Yeah it was for a lot of my collector stuff before I listed it for sale on bazaar.

Archived