I have verified impersonators stalking my comment section.

Purple Gaming

I'm flattered, but having regular impersonators is starting to suck.
I've seen some accounts that have a warning on their Backpack.tf profiles, stating "this user is often impersonated."

Is this something I could request be added to my profile, or is this something reserved for specific instances? Is this something I can work toward getting? I've had multiple traders warn me about the impersonators lately, and even had someone in my Discord community scammed by someone impersonating me not long ago. Just want to watch out for my community however possible.

Thanks!

Just private your comments, it wont affect your trading.

As for people adding you about impersonators, I would usually block them (although I bet you have a much more humane alternative).

This is just the beginning of rich people problems.

According to BPTF Mods on Discord, this warning is something that you do not request but they apply it themselves when "you're frequently reported for your impersonators".

About 15 BPTF reports later and 7+ different Steam accounts impersonating me  ... nope, still nothing on my profile.

You can create an inquiry on the issue tracker and link impersonators you find over time by archiving their profile on sites like archive.is, make sure that you archive the steam /profiles/ link and not the /id/ link.

We can then assess if its added or not

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I know I'm not the only one to have impersonators, but now that it's happening more I appreciate more info surrounding this problem.

3 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You can create an inquiry on the issue tracker and link impersonators you find over time by archiving their profile on sites like archive.is, make sure that you archive the steam /profiles/ link and not the /id/ link.

We can then assess if its added or not

Can do will do. Thanks for pointing me in the right derection!

Archived